Finally solved a few issues but new ones have poped up

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok so as of last week the 86 is done for awhile.gearbox went out and rearend agian and then some other odds and ends that need work so I decided to get the 96 goin today and on the road. Bought a new altenator and fuel filter(wix) and got them on. The altenator actually helped the missing tremendously so then I put the filter on and that didn't change anything. Still had no balls though.its like it just didn't wanna get up an go. So I got to looking and the Icp that I installed acouple months ago Along with a new pig tail had oil in it. So I unplugged it while idling and it started idling even better and didn't try and stall out when I would change the chip position or anything. So I went down the driveway and back up and pulled into the yard and stopped and started changing the chip back all the way to stock cause it would always try and stall on the 50hp position so I switched all the way to stock with no problem revved it up and it died.went to crank it and nothin it just cranked.The cps only has maybe 300 miles on it but it's a year old.grey one if I remember right.its a ford one
Went back out there just now and cranked on it for a few seconds more then normal and it fired up. Idled kinda rough.switched to a hotter tune and it smoothed right out.im so lost on this truck it's not even funny lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Sounds like a problem with the chip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's what I thought to.but I tryed to re create it and couldn't get it to do it some imma pull the chip later and see how it does

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
the one in the back is the new neural safety switch .how do I put it on lol

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I got it apart but I couldn't get it to work so I said the hell with it an used the new rod in the old housing.now I can actually shift into reverse lol

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Jump the two wires closest to the firewall.

Alright I'll try an do that tomorrow. I'll try an upload a vid of it running sometime if you remember how it ran on my original post of when I got it

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
What do I need to do to put a fuel pressure gauge on. I wanna check my pressure and see if that may be why it's sluggish

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Basically like the idi. Still has the Schrader valve.
But I'd pull it, then run a temporary mechanical gauge so you can watch it at WOT.