powerstroke interior swap

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i just went down to texas and picked up a 1984 ford f250 with a ton of miles. guy said it went over twice since he bought it from another guy:eek: and im inheriting a 1995 powerstroke this winter and i plan on swapping the motor and trans and the computer i konw its alot of work but im ok with that. my question isnt about the engine swap its is it posible to swap the interior out of the trucks to i have the older body style with a newer interior

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
absolutely do-able.

don't know if the bull nose has a spot for the computer, but the brick noses do.

this swap would work the same in your truck, if you have any fab skills.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...r-your-Brick-nose-101&highlight=OBS+dash+swap

I would also replace the part of the firewall with the 95 firewall, it puts the connectors in the "correct" location,
then its plug and play.

FYI a powerstroke will drop right into the spot where the IDI is pulled from.
put one in a 91

now that ive answered your question to a T, take your happy ass to the intro section, introduce yourself, and then put your truck in your signature.
have a great day!
oah BTW, welcome to the site.

Cumbier285

Reaction score
I also recently have purchased a 1984 ford f250 6.9l idi. I’m goin to be dropping in a 2002 7.3l idi I was curious about the interior out of a 2002 f250 would it fit in the 1984 mainly just the dash that way I can keep the updated gauges and have my monitor on