Ads here are getting out of control

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I usually browse here on mobile on a iphone. The site is almost unusable with all the popup ads. Almost every page I go to, I just get redirected to some gift certificate site and wont let my browser go back, it just keeps pushing you back to the ad. I have to close the browser all down to get out of it. Then every few mins I get some popup saying I've won some garbage and you have to click okay which then takes you to some other site. I realize ads are needed here to help pay for the site, but is there some way to limit/eliminate the super pushy and intusive ads?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have been scammed. Someone has added a program that shows these ads. This site does not run those kind of ads. I had the same thing happen a few months ago.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Why do i only get these issues while on this site? I surf lots of others and have never had the issue duplicated anywhere else. I also browse in private mode and clear cookies and temp files everytime browser is closed.

gandalf

Reaction score
Yep, sounds like somebody got to your phone with a bit of malware. I'm willing to assume that your phone can be cleaned of that crap, but I have no experience on phones. I long ago decided that my smartphone was smarter than I am, so I don't mess with it. I use it only as a phone.

As an aside:::: IF this were on your computer, I would strongly suggest that you install uBlock Origin. I used Pop-up Blocker for years, until I was advised that uBlock Origin is better, and uses fewer computer resources. The link I've given is specifically for their FireFox version, but they have others as well. They may even have version(s) for phones.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I can confirm no ads for me either. Laptop or phone.
One thing to verify Eric, make sure you are going to a clean version of the URL. good Ole www.oilburners.net. Open a new browser session and type that directly in.
It could be your bookmark/shortcut got corrupted.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Someone said if you aren't logged in you see ads. That seems to be it somehow. My cookies and everything delete everytime i leave so when i come back I'm not logged in. If I log in the ads go away and i can change pages without being redirected.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The answer as many have stated....ifail (aka apple i phone) another reason I chucked mine!
0 adds here
Either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.