I really should buy this thing

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
One purpose of this thread is for us all to post links of things that we see in CL or Ebay that we SHOULD BUY, but we wont because we don't have the time, money, or space to take it on.

The other purpose is for everyone else to chime in and say how dumb you would be to either buy or not buy the item posted, and why.

I'll start it off.

I really should buy this thing and slide an IDI or 4BT or 6BT into it:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5825984444.html

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's probably a 345 with a 727 trans. That 345 probably weighs the same as an IDI. I'm shocked at how solid it looks. Most I've seen in my life were see through models. Metal so thin you could see right through it. My buddy had a 76 in grad school. It was fun. He ended up t18 swapping it when the 727 took a dump.

Buy it!!

I'm great at spending other people's money.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
That's probably a 345 with a 727 trans. That 345 probably weighs the same as an IDI. I'm shocked at how solid it looks. Most I've seen in my life were see through models. Metal so thin you could see right through it. My buddy had a 76 in grad school. It was fun. He ended up t18 swapping it when the 727 took a dump.

Buy it!!

I'm great at spending other people's money.

I've always liked them. When I was growing up in Colorado Springs, Rod Phillips mentioned here lived right down the street from me. His son Darrin and I were really good buddies. Anyway, they always had Scouts all over their place. That's what got me hooked on the looks of them.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really should buy this thing! When I picture your yard I think to myself, you know what this yard needs! MORE IDI! LOL

I just wish I knew why its "not running now" if it's just bad fuel and it set that's one thing.. If it were mine and I could disable the glow plugs give it a sniff of ether and see if it runs, I would probably actually buy the thing but it's awkward to ask someone if you can try to get their truck to run for them before you'd buy it..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd pass on that one. Looks like some bad rust repairs coming back through to me.