The Texas Fall IDI Meet

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, here's take two!

After our last try for a Texas meet falling through with last minute mother's day plans we decided to try again once it gets cooler out.
As much as I would love to go to one of the Oilburner's Rally's, for a lot of us Texas IDI lovers, that is just too much of a drive to get away from work and such.

So, where and when would ya'll like to meet? We could go with San Antonio like we had planned earlier in the year or we could go with another city that may be closer for more northern residents. If we meet in San Antonio I can arrange a Dyno Day and will bring a surplus of tools (I'll have a timing meter with me) and whatever spare parts I have to help everyone get their IDI running well. I have a bullnose 1 ton truck with a Dana 44 and C6 (truck is complete just has a non running gasser in it) that I can pull parts from for whatever anyone may need.

Any suggestions are welcomed, we need nail down a date and a location so everyone has enough time to make arangements. I'm really looking forward to checking out ya'lls trucks as there are very few IDI's here locally north of San Antonio in the Boerne area. ;Sweet

Even if you are a guest and not a registered member here (well you should make an account first) but if you aren't ready to make an account and you are still interested in the meet you are welcome to contact me over email at [email protected] or by phone at 8303286548 and will be happy to keep you updated.

Of course if you don't have an IDI at home or your project truck is still apart in your driveway, everyone is always welcome to the meet (even you drive a chevyLOL)

I'm going to tag a few members that I know of the top of my head that were interested in our meet earlier in the year

@Waystro
@Kizer
@SirRea63l
@satx78247
@rustyescott
@southtexasidi
@towcat
@BDCarrillo
@theSHERPA
@larson
@fsmyth

Last edited:

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SA sounds good. Depending on timing I really might have to drive a gasser.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be in the area, depending on my workload, until the roads start icing up. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what shakes out.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

COUNT ME IN, wherever you decide. = I'll make time.
(Maybe by then I'll have another IDI.)

yours, satx

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try my best. Still trying to find a tilt column, as I don't want to sink more time and money into a new ignition tumbler on this non tilt column. SA, Austin, or anywhere in between would work for me.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will try my best. Still trying to find a tilt column, as I don't want to sink more time and money into a new ignition tumbler on this non tilt column. SA, Austin, or anywhere in between would work for me.
ignition tumbler is transferable between the tilt and non tilt column.

ISELLTRUX

Cars and SUV's
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only am I in, I also have a suggestion for a place to hold it if you guys are interested. We have 11 acres river front property on the Frio River in Concan, Texas adjacent to Garner State Park. There is plenty of room for camping w/ elec. water and an old house for the women folk and kids if needed. This is just a suggestion. Either way...count me in.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISELLTRUX,

Sounds FINE to me. = I've even got a tent that's 8x18, (plus coleman stove, lanterns, etc.) & will sleep several "tent-less folks".

Add a king-size BBQpit, cold beer & it sounds like a PARTY to me.

How's the fishing on the river in that area??

yours, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only am I in, I also have a suggestion for a place to hold it if you guys are interested. We have 11 acres river front property on the Frio River in Concan, Texas adjacent to Garner State Park. There is plenty of room for camping w/ elec. water and an old house for the women folk and kids if needed. This is just a suggestion. Either way...count me in.

Thank you for so kindly opening your home to your fellow Oilburners! And thank you to everyone for their continued support for the Texas meet! It sounds like San Antonio holds a good possibility for the location, what month do ya'll want to meet?

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could confirm my availability, but with the house build, cardio rehab (yes, I am still alive) and the uncertainty of the truck being up for the drive, I have to say it is a maybe, depending on the time.

ISELLTRUX

Cars and SUV's
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@satx78247
Fishing is light but it is fun trying. The Frio is pretty shallow in most parts. Tubing is fun tho.

@ the rest...like I said, it was just a suggestion. Where in San Antonio might we be able to meet?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its been too long since I've even gotten a line wet I would just be happy to sit by a river and feed perch worms all day and not catch a thing LOL

Earlier in the year we were planning on meeting at Pete's Tako House in San Antonio, we can easily get reservation for a party room any time and they have a huge parking lot for us, we could meet there then move on to get some trucks on some rollers at one of the shops in San Antonio or we could get out of San Antonio and go for a cruise, I have property on the Guadalupe that has a good beach area for kids, just bring mosquito spray, I personally would like to get out of San Antonio asap with my truck as I hate driving there but I also have never had my truck on the dyno and I would like to see what numbers I could make with my nitrous setup. I know a place were we could have a dyno day and it would probably be around $50 or less per person depending how big of a crowd we muster.

How does Mid October sound for everyone?

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

Sounds like "a plan".

I think that I'll bring my ultra-light spinning gear to play with the perch & pan-sized catfish (if any). - Personally, I'd like our get-togethers to be all weekend affairs.

Hopefully, I can FIND & FIX UP another IDI truck to replace the destroyed 1986 Lariat before the Fall get-together. = I would LIKE to find a 1992-93 Super-cab with ZF

yours, satx

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An all weekend event would be good, I have space for RV's and a guest house. Good luck finding a truck, its tough to find a clean IDI anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online