2017 Oilburners Rally... Louisville or Nashville... VOTE NOW!!!

Where do you want to be for the 2017 OB Rally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, here is the real Decision 2016.... Where are we having the OB rally next summer!!!

The two options are South of Louisville, KY or Nashville, TN

Kentucky - Elizabethtown Crossroads Campground. They are 40 miles south of Louisville. It is a small campground but they have all the stuff we need.... pool, playground, cabins, long campsites, pavilion, propane, laundry, catch/release lake, and have really good rates. Prices will be cheaper, $175/week for full hookups, cabins $275/week! It is close to several bourbon distilleries, Kart Kounty with the biggest go-kart track in the world, Abraham Lincoln's birth place, Fort Knox/Patton Museum, dinner train, and Louisville is full of things to do. Louisville Slugger Museum/factory, Church Hill Downs, Ford Truck Plant, Children's museum, Belle of Louisville paddle boat, and Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park, plus lots of other stuff if you're so inclined.

Another plus for a large number of you is that it will save you about 3 hours of driving compared to driving down to Nashville.

However, if we go here, THE RALLY WILL NOT BE OVER THE 4th of JULY!!! We would have the rally the week of July 16th. There is a large sports complex near the campground and the last week of June and the first 2 weeks of July are already booked for all the tournaments at the complex for those weeks. It's not a big deal to me but it may be to you.

Tennessee - Nashville KOA. Large campground just a little over a mile from the Grand 'Ol Opry, Opryland Hotel, and Opry Mills mall/Bass Pro. Lots of campsites, but most are small for crew cab long bed Ford's. We'll need the long concrete pull-thru sites. The pool is large, they are putting in a new playground this fall, and have a nice AC'ed pavilion that we can use all week. Cabins with and without bathrooms. There is a shuttle service to and from downtown Nashville. Nashville has way too much to list here. The downsides are: Price and extra driving! The cost of camping in Nashville is high. Campsites will be close to $85/day. Cabins with a bathroom/shower are $190/day. However, 15 sites will give us a 10% discount, 25 sites 15%, and 50 sites (doubt that, LOL) give us a 20% discount. It will be close to another 3 hours of hauling your camper down I-65 South compared to Louisville.

If we're in Nashville, THE RALLY WILL BE THE WEEK OF JULY 2ND.

Traffic and parking stink in Louisville and Nashville! So that's a toss up.

I'll need an answer in the next 10 to 14 days, so vote and we'll go where you guys want to spend the week. Thanks for letting Missy and I be your hosts for 2017.

Heath

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Thanks Heath, I have to admit, I am kinda at a toss up here.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this together Heath!

I'm going to stick with my vote for Nashville. Travel wise it's a toss up from here. If I want to avoid the torture test which is 68 and 79 through WV it ends up being about 10 hrs to either place. I have beat that stretch of 79 and 64 to death when I was going to school in Nashville. 79 and 68 are brutal especially coming back this way. I don't know much about the route via 70 through Columbus.

If we end up in Nashville, I may be able to help tour guide a bit if needed. It's been a while but I figure I can still get around.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so heath if you had to vote witch one would you chose?

its going to be hard for me to decide. Nashville sounds like a lot of fun but Louisville is a bit closer.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's tough. Nashville is closer for me, not even an hour drive. We are in Nashville much more than south Louisville. Never been to a bourbon distillery and the go-kart track would be a hoot to race around on with all you crazy knuckleheads! LOL.

Nashville has a ton to do and the Opryland Hotel is just amazing and almost worth a trip to Nashville just to see. It's just very unique and something you don't see anywhere else in the world as a hotel. I hate malls, so I don't care at all about being close to that huge mall. However, the wives/girlfriends/ladies would love it. The live music and ***** tonks aren't my thing either. Not a country music fan and they are loud, crowded, and for me that equals annoying... Especially with two little kids.

So I honestly don't care. Just want to know what you guys would like. Shoot, we can host again down the road and just go to the place that loses this go round.

ON EDIT: The smaller campground south of Louisville will make keeping up with your kids much much easier. The Nashville campground is really really big and it will be harder to keep up with the herd of kids we have. LOL

Heath

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bourbon and go carting has my vote....but wont vote cause lets face it....doubt will be there....

pafixitman

Reaction score
I stopped reading after bourbon! Well - not really but... Never been to Nashville, love country music but I will present the options to the kids and Erica. Not sure what we stay in or drive or any details at this point but the family seems willing to see you freaks again! Louisville is actually the one I am leaning towards - closer, bourbon, much cheaper, bourbon, go carts and bourbon. The date also probably works better for me. Big year since Doug graduates this spring and I will be financing college in some way shape or form for him.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading after bourbon! Well - not really but... Never been to Nashville, love country music but I will present the options to the kids and Erica. Not sure what we stay in or drive or any details at this point but the family seems willing to see you freaks again! Louisville is actually the one I am leaning towards - closer, bourbon, much cheaper, bourbon, go carts and bourbon. The date also probably works better for me. Big year since Doug graduates this spring and I will be financing college in some way shape or form for him.

Ya...all that...but you forgot about the bourbon

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im leaning towards Louisville because of the go carts and its cheaper.

il wait a few days to vote to see which one is leading. either way I will be happy with the outcome.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted for Kentucky. We have family actually moving back to taylorsville today. He was in seminary in Louisville, and had to move back here for three years due to illness. Now, they are heading back into music ministry in taylorsville. So, I will be able to make it a double vacation! Thanks for all the work on this.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't care where, I feel that if I vote it would only be to vote for what is closer to me and that's stupid because I don't know what work events will be going on that far in the future that could black out vacation time anyways, so I'll just try and go wherever it ends up if possible.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Louisville for us. Price wise Nashville just puts it out of our budget. With rebuilding the house from something just short of ground up I have to watch my pennies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online