TRAGEDY STRIKES. = NEED ANOTHER ANTIQUE F250 SUPER-CAB TRUCK

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends,

As some of you know, I bought a one owner 1986 super-cab F250, 6.9 with 5-speed manual transmission in May 2016 & have spent $$$$$$$ & many hours restoring it over the last 3.5 months.

Last Friday night a drunk driver wrecked it while it was parked & totally destroyed it.

Thus, I'm looking for another LOW MILEAGE F250 Super-cab 2WD with ZF transmission & in EXCELLENT CONDITION to replace the one that was demolished. - IF anyone reading this comment has or knows of a similar F250 for sale & with less than 100,000 actual miles, PLEASE email me: [email protected]

I would prefer a "loaded" XLT LARIAT, but would look at another sub-model, IF it was really nice.

Note: IF I've posted this to the wrong place, feel free to move this thread.

yours, satx

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.. Thats a damn shame. Sorry for the loss but what happened to the drunk?? Was their and arrest and how many times had this ******* done this before... I have no expression for a repeat drunk driver that can be posted here. Glad you were not hurt too. Rigs can be replaced but people heal slowly.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icanfixall,

I was about 100 feet away & inside the cottage watching the Olympic Games at the time. = The luckiest person in The Alamo City that night was my neighbor (Diana), who was walking up the sidewalk, saw what was about to happen, vaulted a stone fence into a neighbor's yard & survived what would have been a FATAL injury. = My truck was driven directly over where she had been, just a few seconds before the wreck.

The drunk, who was driving about 70MPH in a 30 MPH zone (according to SAPD investigation), spent Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights "as a guest of the county" & was released on Monday morning. = He faces at least 4 charges in our local District Court.
(He has at least 2 previous convictions for DUID/DWI, too.)

IF you want to hear the rest of "my long sad story", he demolished my unrestored 1982 Mercedes 300CD at the same time & that was parked next to the PU.

yours, satx

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this is your house, it's time to invest in traffic bollards or large boulders to deflect incoming.
back to what you are asking for......
2wd ext cab f250's are pretty easy to come by out here. they're mainly snowbird rides for pulling their trailers or fivers. not many miles on the odo but you will have to travel. many have the 5spd conversion done already.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

WHERE is "out here" exactly??
(As a retired soldier, I can fly for free to most anywhere that a military aircraft goes.)

Any suggestions on 1, 2 or 3 such trucks??

Stunningly PURTY GRRL & cat, too, by the way in your avatar. = Grand-daughter??

yours, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
satx, sorry to hear about your loss, earlier this week I was rear-ended in the truck in my sig by a driver haulin a$$ in the home depot parking lot but since I was backing into a parking spot, guess who gets to pay for a new front bumper and hood of a 2017 GMC Acadia? -cuss

Getting really tired of these SA drivers.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

OUCH!!!

Unfortunately, Texas DMV doesn't give an IQ test to get a DL & it often seems like HALF of all "lousy drivers" in The Alamo City are unlicensed and/or have NO insurance.

yours, satx

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. Calvin is your hookup on a replacement.
Wespaul, its private property, just say no. I would be very pissed.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

WHERE is "out here" exactly??
(As a retired soldier, I can fly for free to most anywhere that a military aircraft goes.)

Any suggestions on 1, 2 or 3 such trucks??

Stunningly PURTY GRRL & cat, too, by the way in your avatar. = Grand-daughter??

yours, satx
SFBA, Kali. Travis AFB would be the closest MAT base. The secondary around here is Leemore AFB just outside of Hanford, CA. If you're really high up on the food chain, there's Moffet, but they are very tight on who goes in or out.
I'll post up some CL examples as I find them this week.
The girl with the much loved black cat is a random 'net model. if I saw my daughter doing the kind of modeling work avi girl does, I'd prolly wind up in jail for beating my kid to death.:eek:

Attachments

• laurelle6.jpg
    laurelle6.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 308

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I moved out of the Bay Area six years ago. I did not live very for from Moffet andI got on base twice, once to the hanger that they had restored and the other time for a NASA exhibit. I loved watching the Sub chasers take off and land all hours of the day. Those P3 Orion's were the big deal back then.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typ4; towcat,

THANKS gents.

Fwiw, I've owned a pair of IDI PU trucks & LOVED them because they were simple enough that even I (NO mechanic am I) could do my own work. - A 1986 Super-cab & a 1991 single-cab.
Never saw anything wrong with either until the 1991 rusted out after years in the salt/snow/ice & the 1986 that was demolished.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

I couldn't say what other modeling that that YL has done but she reminds me of what my beloved Sandra looked like when I met her over a HALF CENTURY ago AND the cat looks very much like my old GEN Francisco Villa looked in his "salad days".
(GEN Villa was 43.5 inches from nose to tip of tail & weighed 24 pounds at age 12. He was our "shop cat" & actually used to get fan mail & Christmas cards from his 2-footed friends.= I'd bet that he's still chasing/catching squirrels somewhere. PURE HUNTER was The General.)

yours, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wespaul, its private property, just say no. I would be very pissed.

Well since this guy is a retired attorney with nothing better to do but make my life difficult with my commercial insurance, I'm gonna see what the quote is on the his repairs and if its cheaper than my $1000 deductible then I'll just pay for it out of pocket, I would really like to avoid this escalating into a lawsuit which he was threatening before I had even gotten out of my truck. Just another case of the working man having to pay his dues to the upper class, gonna have to take money out of savings I was going to use to take the fiance on vacation, gotta love San Antonio.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to say it, but you're funny

Well he thinks the hood is damaged but I think chevy just makes ugly hoods, only real damage is a broken plastic trim piece and the lower rock guard that is under the bumper (which on his model isnt painted) Parts alone I found for $200-300 depending on where I asked, if he goes to a dealership that is honest about what damage is actually there then I'll be alright, but if he just tells them to replace a bunch of parts and then sends me an outrageous bill, then I'm gonna have a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01