Everyone please watch this

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
After having a visitor who wears purple gloves stop by today to inspect an issue, we got to this situation. Just watch. Proof you can run one without the top cover. Black hose is hooked to an electric lift pump to suck "return" fuel out of pump to keep the mess to a minimum.

https://youtu.be/VgqOTR8xXBI

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You sir are brave as hell. I did not know this and am happy to see it now. Please do yourself a favor and cut off a few inches of the return line (the steel one) on top of the injection pump so its easier working on the pump. Mine was cut off when I got my rig so I never knew what they originally looked like... Same with the fuel filter air bleeder. Mine as not there and it usually was hell priming in a new fuel filter with no air bleed vent... Fixed that too...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should probably end up in the tech section with some more context if it's available. Be good to have it where it won't get lost.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I would not recommend doing this though, just showing it is possible. We had a little oopsie when we first started it, never saw Mel move that quickly before. Things can happen faster than you think, and only way to shut it off is sticking your finger in and pushing the right lever. If Mel wants to indulge more info on it he can. Just stating what I know

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, sticking my finger in a running pump is not on my list of things to try personally. I'll leave that to the professionals.

LOL

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a while since I took the top cover off mine, but I don't think there are any spinning parts accessible from up there. Only levers and springs for the throttle and governor linkage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller

Members online