96 ppump 12valve miss

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok so I ran my truck outta fuel the other day right before I was gonna go fill it up it ran out right above e but anyway it's been missing ever since then at low rpms weather it's free revving or under a load but after 16-1800 rpms it clears up. It is turned up from the guy i bought it from but he didn't hot rod it at all he only had it acouple months and wanted the motor for a spare but sold it to me.anyway I changed the filter today in hopes that that would help it but I really don't think it's got air trapped because I've drove it 60 or so miles since it happend. Any suggestions on where to start looking

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
If the miss happens at idle, I'd crack open each line one at a time and see which one doesnt cause another miss. Maybe you'll get lucky and bleed air out of that line and be good to go. But if not, at least you'd know which one in your 6 pack is missing and you could go from there.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I spose you could bump up the idle just a touch to make it more prominent.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I spose you could bump up the idle just a touch to make it more prominent.

I'll figure something out on it lol I'm new to cummins but the mechanic here which knows cummins says the valves need to be adjusted but I think it's a fueling issue myself but he also told me my 7.3 wouldnt run with the Icp unplugged and I went and popped the hood with it running and showed him that I already had it unplugged lol

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Hopefully its something simple.
All I can say is my 4BT ( same family as your 12v ) holds onto air bubbles like nobody's business.
I think my worst issue to date was when I accidentally left the key on all night. That keep the fuel shutoff solenoid open all night, which allowed everything to drain back to the tank. It shouldnt have, but I probably have some very small leak in the IP someplace that doesnt normally matter, but it does matter if you leave the key on all night LOL Took me forever to get it started, let alone get all the air out.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Hopefully its something simple.
All I can say is my 4BT ( same family as your 12v ) holds onto air bubbles like nobody's business.
I think my worst issue to date was when I accidentally left the key on all night. That keep the fuel shutoff solenoid open all night, which allowed everything to drain back to the tank. It shouldnt have, but I probably have some very small leak in the IP someplace that doesnt normally matter, but it does matter if you leave the key on all night LOL Took me forever to get it started, let alone get all the air out.

We had to ether the damn thing lol so maybe it's just got air and won't let it out but you'd think after like 70 miles it would lol

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
From my experience the valves usually do need adjusted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well I wasn't sayin they didn't lol but I really don't listen to much of what he says anymore I'd rather come here an get help[emoji23]

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh for sure. Lol
Maybe not cause your issues unless they're way out of whack though.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Oh for sure. Lol
Maybe not cause your issues unless they're way out of whack though.

At idle it really ain't bad you can hear it in the exhaust though but from idle to 1600 rpms or somewhere in there you can really feel it shake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online