Fuel Injector copper ring question

waynetrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Diesel Fam! Ive been away for a while now since my engine lost compression a few months ago in my towtruck. I just recently installed a used engine with 80k miles on it. My question is, the new injectors i swapped out from a warranty just to have NEW came with a pre installed copper ring on them. I have a brand new set of copper washers i acquired, do i need to put the new copper washers on top of the ones that came with the new injectors? The lady and i put the engine in and ready to fire it up, i just wanted some clarification on this as i cannot afford for this one to catastrophically fail..... been down for several months and ready to start towing.
This is an old injector im using as a reference cause im lazy as hell at this moment.... or i should say exhausted. Been a long week working on this truck and running the business but almost there!
I remember someone on here telling me to use petroleum jelly on the last ones i installed, im just being either paranoid or super cautious :)

You must be registered for see images attach

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you only want one total. Either use the ones that came with them or use your other ones, not both. Toss the ones you don't use in the tool box.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please DO NOT use 2 copper gaskets per injector. What that does is pulls the injector up too high out of the precup.. and thats a bad thing. The engine designers already pulled the injectors up out of the precups 60 thousands. they also shortened the hard lines the same 60 thousands so we wont have issues with fitment. Running 3 copper washer gaskets also can lead to compression failure by cutting thru this double gasket. Glad you asked this question before you tried running 2 coppers..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online

No members online now.