rolling 500,000 today :)

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my driver, family hauler, trailer hauler is at 499,840km tonite when I shut it down. its a 2003 and the body is toast, driveline is very solid and chassis would pass the commercial safety other than a leaky PS box. I have owned it 5 yrs in August and it had 360,000 km on it then. hasn't cost me much to run , Water pump x 2 (1 napa warranty) , Vac pump, both turbo>manifold pipes/gaskets, fuel filter housing drain assembly, 2 ujoints, front and rear rotors once, front and rear pads twice. and several pairs of used tires , only a pair at a time.

I keep thinking about sucking the oil from the HP oil pump on it during a service but I've never done it :sorry:
You must be registered for see images attach

can't believe the rear 60 semi is hanging in there, had a bad vib on coast at 60-65mph 3yrs ago but hasn't got worse. trans shifted weak when I got it and I put in a 2 position superchip on tow safe and its done amazingly well even with heavy towing 8-13,000 lbs in tow.

this is the longest I've ever had a vehicle in my name in my life, and I've been driving since 1981 . I even owned 3 new trucks in a row back when I was an apprentice and early mechanic.

I know its time to retire it but man its going to be hard, will have to get my 12 yr old daughter to take a pic with her ipad of the speedo when it rolls , I lost my digital camera.

filled the tank today , this tank was only commute to work and mostly highway. 23.6 mpg ;Sweet (imperial gallon 4.5456 litres)
best tank I can remember was 25.1 mpg on a trip out west back when I first got it. I change my oil every 10,000km and ad 1 litre between oil changes. it has a minor coolant leak at oil cooler but I'm monitoring>not repairing just yet.:D

cheers to the reliability and longevity of this engine, hell even the 4r100 and dana 60 semi are still strong for all the abuse they take!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these rigs are absolutely amazing!
i have a 98 E350, i bought it for 2 grand with bran new tires. 2 years ago
i originally bought it for parts to do a powerstroke conversion on ... something.
but this thing pulls harder than my 01 F250m probably because its lighter?
i bought mine with 305k MILES on the clock and have driven it about 7k miles.
she lives life as a back up vehicle/family hauler.
ive changed water pump and batteries.
she starts very hard in 30* weather, but does not miss a lick over 40.
could most likely use new plugs, but the ole" if it aint broke dont fix it" line gets me with UVCH's
its been a great rig, and if i decide to slam my bronco, ill have a set of axles for it!

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these rigs are absolutely amazing!
i have a 98 E350, i bought it for 2 grand with bran new tires. 2 years ago
i originally bought it for parts to do a powerstroke conversion on ... something.
but this thing pulls harder than my 01 F250m probably because its lighter?
i bought mine with 305k MILES on the clock and have driven it about 7k miles.
she lives life as a back up vehicle/family hauler.
ive changed water pump and batteries.
she starts very hard in 30* weather, but does not miss a lick over 40.
could most likely use new plugs, but the ole" if it aint broke dont fix it" line gets me with UVCH's
its been a great rig, and if i decide to slam my bronco, ill have a set of axles for it!

they definitely are not light :rotflmao. mine weighs in at 7000lbs with me and probably 200lbs of tools and chains etc.
its been weighed so many times with a loaded><empty trailer.....................
I actually paid $1500 for this van when I got it, it was poorly advertised as an F250 gas truck so not many people had checked it out online :D
I've gone from 245/75/16s to 215/85/16s to 235/85/16s and like the last ones because they seem to absorb more bumps in the road.
Barney has been a good vehicle, my dad says I haven't been pulled over much with it because of the camper vent on the roof because it looks like an RV.
but recently got pulled over and fined for an expired annual safety sticker in the wonderful city of ***GUELPH*** Ontario and got a $240 fine on Fathers day! was delivering my 89 diesel clubwagon at the time. the city of Guelph burned me once before> about 15yrs ago with a lot older truck. a 1977 F250 supercab with an isuzu 353 N/A diesel>C6 manual; valve body. it was an old **** but the **GUELPH** police are still aspholes.:mad:

oh yeah , fathers day was a sunday and it was at 9am .:dunno

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome.
BTW, the hpop oil changes doesn't do much. It's all the same oil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

its the same oil..................but it never drains out when you change your oil/filter, so you never actually get a complete oil change:sly
I have always wondered if I just pulled the sensor off the top then drained my oil if that would work but its like a "round tuit":rolleyes:

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oil in the HPOP does circulate or it would turn to sludge. I would not get too worried about it.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil in the HPOP does circulate or it would turn to sludge. I would not get too worried about it.
yeah its obvious that it circulates. LOL but it holds almost a quart of dirty oil that gets mixed back up with your new oil as soon as you start it up again after your service.

If I was worried about it, would have sucked it all out at least once.:D I've seen these van engines, a 2000 torn down with over 800,000km and seen very little wear in it but that one was serviced every 8,000km . If I had a pickup I would have tried cleaning the HPOP out during a service but the vans are just so much harder to work on.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Pointless to suck out the pump. The rails are still full along with oil cooler....

Yep. Regular oil change intervals is the best medicine.;Sweet

What is the difference in fill between dry (like after a rebuild) and a regular oil change? If I remember right, the 6.0 is something like 19 quarts dry, and its 15 for an oil change.......... hard to believe there is almost a gallon hiding in there......

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
What is the difference in fill between dry (like after a rebuild) and a regular oil change? If I remember right, the 6.0 is something like 19 quarts dry, and its 15 for an oil change.......... hard to believe there is almost a gallon hiding in there......

I do believe the engine will retain about 3 quarts, so if dry, 18qts total in a 7.3 psd system.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change the oil, run it for 10 minutes, then change it again. :rotflmao Lot cleaner oil then. 500,000 km is 300,000 miles, ain't it?