Looking at purchasing a 12v

1994IDI

Reaction score
My name is Jared and I'm looking at a truck on craigslist that I'd like to buy. It is a 1998 12v, 4x4, manual sitting inside of a rust free Dodge 2500 w/relatively low mileage. It appears un-molested. I know many of you here are familiar with the Cummins lineage as well, and know that the '98 is tough to find with a 12v in it.. Let alone one that hasn't been worked to death. My issue is not only that I'm on the other side of the ocean (currently deployed), but that the truck is in New Castle Wyoming. It's about 75 miles west of Rapid City, I believe.

I have tried and failed to find inspection OR shipping companies that I feel I can trust to give me trustworthy and reliable feedback on the trucks condition, let alone honest shipping quotes and services. Is anyone in the area or know of a business that covers the area to provide an inspection of the truck? How about a shipping company that can handle shipping a 4x4 long bed (to Indiana) without charging an arm and a leg?

If any reputable member here on the forum would be willing and able to go meet this guy and check out the truck, I'll gladly cover your fuel expense and provide you with a little "walking around money". I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it. I've been trying to find one of these trucks for a long time, and they don't pop up in this condition every day. Here's the link: http://www.outlawmotors.com/1998-dod...0-laramie.html It's a used diesel truck dealer and he's currently asking $17,900. It's safe to say they guy know's what he's got, and that it's overpriced, but I'm happily divorced and spend most of my time overseas so I've got nothing better to spend my $ on.

Thanks for reading my rant and thanks in advance for any help or advice. God bless America and God bless all of you,
Jared