6.0 oil temp

rthomas

Reaction score
I have a 05 f350 6.0, 22k ago I had the oil cooler and egr delete done, then about 10k later I figured I had a minor head gasket blow (loosing coolant out of the Degas when towing) at that time I had a edge monitor and my deltas were 20-30. Did the head gaskets and studs told the shop about the deltas they said it was likely exhaust gas in the system preventing good circulation but after it was done I'm still seeing big deltas, bigger now the other day it hit 50* over coolant temp, it was hot 101f but I wasn't towing or pulling big hills just rolling along at 65-70. I did replace the oil temp sensor to no avail, and did a coolant flush without much noticeable difference. Something doesn't add up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Coolant flush dislodged a bunch of crap, getting lodged and clogging the oil cooler. Time to replace with a new one.

rthomas

Reaction score
Coolant flush dislodged a bunch of crap, getting lodged and clogging the oil cooler. Time to replace with a new one.
Not sure what brand cooler but it was doing it before the flush. Tonight I found my point and shoot thermometer and the only place I saw temps near what the monitor says was on the oil filter cap, the bowl was about 12* under the monitor number as was the a pan, I wonder if I have a weak wire somewhere?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your temps on the gun are taking the temperature from the oil pan itself, not actual oil pan temp, same as the filter bowl, so I think that explains your temp difference.

I agree that the oil cooler on your truck needs to be replaced.