Air conditioning issue.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85 cc drw 6.9 auto. Bought the truck and guy said he replaced blower motor.( I believe the round thing in front of the glove box passenger side.). The AC works, blows cold air but not very much pressure. When I switch from low to high, I can hear the fan blowing more, but it isn't much pressure at all. Doesn't matter if I have it on max AC or vent, air comes out of the defrost and vents and floor. The air always comes out every spot no matter the setting. What could be my issue. I want more air forced out of the vents and to be able to change from floor to vent to defrost etc. Thanks in advance for the help guys

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your vacuum to the AC unit is not connected. Blowing out of the defrost is the default. Look for a broken or disconnected vacuum line.

Dave

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, will do where should I start looking. It's still blows everywhere else though. Not just the defrost. I'm wondering if when the person who sold it to me, might have screwed something up with the install?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Start with the vacuum solonoid on top of the duct box tucked up next to the passenger side fender. That little white vacuum line is notorious for rotting out.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Start with the vacuum solonoid on top of the duct box tucked up next to the passenger side fender. That little white vacuum line is notorious for rotting out.

This is exactly the place to start looking for a broken line. It might confuse you because this white vacuum line goes into the wire harness and disappears in the loom. Just carefully cut back the outside wrap with a new exacto knife being very careful not to nick a wire. Mine has broken off 3 times since 1996 when I purchased my rig..

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might also be a good idea to remove the blower motor and take a look inside the air box with a mirror. I had one that was home to a big rats nest, and the condensation/debris gunked up the evaporator.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do notice that every once in a while, some black specks come out and land on the top of my dash. It almost looks like old foam or something. But I feel like it needs to blow harder and it should be able to switch between settings

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the glove box out, behind it is the heater and AC coils. Might be a lot of debris in there.

79jasper: the drain is there also, should be a hose connection, but the hose is on the outside. The hose may be plugged up on the bottom, spiders like to make a nest up in the hose end.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can carefully pull the heater/AC control unit out, check for vacuum hose connections.