'96 headlight upgrayedd questions

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered some new ebay buckets to replace my faded out old ones.
lmc shows a relay kit for my truck, does that mean I have no factory headlight relays?
I'm ordering some non-dot high wattage bulbs like I stuck in my '89 so I want to make sure the wiring is up to the task.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No headlight relays factory. Heck, I don't think they did that til after the 6.0 came out. Lol
Which ones did you get? I've been watching some of the headlight options. (Just not on ebay, but other websites)
You can get the lmc harness, or build your own. If you go the lmc route, order a couple extra of the relays for it. It's a weird relay specific to the harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I orderd these and the led bulbs to try I was gonna get hid's but eBay ballets suck lol if you look on eBay I think at one point I actually found a kit to do the relay mod and if not you could always do you own using the Napa harness and relays

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those led's. Do you like them? Do you think they are worth 5X more $$ than a good set of bulbs?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162010457289?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I was worried that they would be junk for the price, but I put the cheap ones in my '89 and I love 'em

I'm aware of the relay issue, but I can overlook it. for 30$ It's not worth building, imo. I would probably replace the relay plug when the time comes. guess I'll be calling lmc
http://s72.photobucket.com/user/nj_m715/media/IMG817_zps4b504fe9.jpg.html
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score