95 1500 6.5 Stalled wont restart please help lol

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
I ran into a store yesterday left the truck running when I came out it had stalled now it just cranks and doesn't even try to fire. I pulled the codes they are 23,29,33,63,73,93. I am thinking crankshaft position sensor but don't think I got a code really mentioning that. It was just weird because it was running great and then out of now where pooped out it hasn't really had any symptoms leading up to this. so before I start pouring parts into this thing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why did you run into the store? did your brakes fail? i would start with the front end damage..

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
why did you run into the store? did your brakes fail? i would start with the front end damage..

I think I'd start by fixing the brakes, don't even want to tow it without those...... LOL

as far as starting it again though, ignore the computer, +12v to fss, and crank via jumping the solenoid, that'll let you know if it's electrical or fuel

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Nope.
He has a 95, I bet he has the ds4 pump.
I also bet his pmd is bad.
I haven't looked up the codes yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
Well I installed a crank position sensor just because it was cheap enough and I have had issues with other trucks and that was the problem but nothing. it does have the pmd relocation under the front bumper and still has the one on the side of the pump I may unhook it and plug the one on the side of the pump in and see if that tells me anything.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) 1 Circuit Range Fault

Glow Plug Relay Circuit Fault

EGR Control Pressure/BARO Sensor Circuit High (Low Vac)

Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) 3 Circuit High

Pressure Control Solenoid (PCS) Circuit (Current Error)

Cylinder Balance Fault

Could be the pedal position sensor. I know those things can cause problems on these.

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
I had replaced the pedal position sensor about 2 months ago because there was a time it would idle but had no throttle response that seemed to fix it but I may have gotten a bad one. I just put the old one back in to see if it would at least start and idle with no luck. Do you think it could be the range sensor? it does crank over but I am wondering if it could block a signal to fire

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It can't do that.
Have you checked to see if that fuel pump is running?
It runs through the oil pressure switch, which is another common problem.

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
I will dig into it tomorrow and check the pump and let you know. Thank you for your help I don't know a lot about the workings of this truck so I really appreciate your input!

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
So I am pretty sure I have it figured out I found a few bad wires going to the fuel pump. I am off to autozone to pick up a new pump should be good to go. Thanks again your guys assistance and patience I am learning a ton about these 6.5's and their quirks I will let you know for sure if it runs

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
Alright well it seems good to go it fired up I had to bleed the lines a good bit but seems to be running pretty good thanks again guys!