I have a problem

FordGuy100

Reaction score
As much as the B4V is a badass rig, it's time for us to let it go... well after I put all the parts I have stockpiled into it LOL

A few weeks ago we picked up a creampuff 2011 JSW CR TDI. DSG unfortunately, as the 6 speeds are hard to find and fetch a premium. 28K miles, 1 owner, great price. Its nice to have the wife and kids in a car that I don't have to worry about, and its leaps and bound safer.

What have I done to it? Nothing. That's the beauty! Wife did paint (well plasti dip cookoo) the wheels a grey metallic color, and painted the calipers red. Looks pretty decent to me. It will be getting a DPF/EGR delete along with a tune. Haven't decided if I will go all out on a Malone Stage 2, which would require a DSG tune, or if we will just stick to a .5 tune. Depending on how long we have it, a CR170 turbo, DSG Tune, and Malone Stage 3.5 will be the way we go. A CP3 pump conversion would round out the whole package (not that bad of a price considering how much a CP4 costs when they go bad)

I actually have headroom in this car, which is a huge plus. 6'6" most rigs I run into headroom problems.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Nice. I recommend the DSG tune up front.
For now I went with the kerma qpro, since then every once in awhile I notice the trans act up. I need to call them and see if they have any suggestions.
Only "problem" with kerma is they won't tune for deletes.
I'm sure you know already but Malone has a rental flash tool to install tunes. That way you don't have to mail off the ecm.
Your list is what I have planned for ours, just waiting to see how this "fix" goes.
I like the mk6 headlights better than our mk5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm half tempted to do a Malone tune and a Kerma DSG tune, as they are $100 cheaper LOL

Yeah, I'm just going to bite the bullet and do a DPF delete right away. Wife wants it straightpiped, but I think we will run the stock muffler, with everything else deleted.

I was half tempted to pick up an 09, as a found a few with 6 speeds for really good prices. Seems most people are scarred of them due to HPFP problems...but if your going to upgrade to a CP3 who cares anyways. I'm not a big fan of the MKV bodystyle though, and this one came along at a great price.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sweet. Mine always asks well do we really need that. Lol
We're a little over 80k, no problems yet. Just the weird thing with the doors locking and unlocking on their own. Lol

With the baby on the way and my truck being the other vehicle, probably be shopping for another pretty soon.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So I lucked into a great deal. GDE Was looking for beta testers for CR tdi tuning and they picked me as one. So here in a few days we will get a tune. At first it will be DPF on, but if the DPF fails (or something lol) they will do a dpf delete tune.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Green diesel engineering?
Had to do a Google search. Had never heard of them.
Interested in how well it works. Also I wonder what "tune installer" they use.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Green diesel engineering?
Had to do a Google search. Had never heard of them.
Interested in how well it works. Also I wonder what "tune installer" they use.

I had heard of them before when I was looking at buying a Liberty CRD. They also are popular with the Ram Ecodiesel. Anyways, good folks I can't knock them if they want to give me free stuff ;Sweet

I think they use the same installer as what everyone else uses, the Q loader type. The tune is mostly for MPG's, but it gives some extra power as well. Plus it turns off the EGR, so no issues with carbon buildup, or intercooler icing.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
First roadtrip was up to Astoria for some clamming and kayaking this weekend. We had a headwind of 25mph going over the coastal mountains and were using AC, but we still managed ~41mpg's for that leg of the trip. Coming back we had a good 10-15mph wind pushing us, and we averaged ~43mpg. Mind you, most of our driving was 55-65mph, but those kayaks are huge wind sails so I was happy. Plenty of power now with the tune.

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So we have seen about a 12-15% increase in fuel mileage for our route of driving (from 35.5 - 39.5 mpg's, which is what the B4V was averaging as well, very hilly). And thats with AC use now vs before. Regens are much less frequent, from every 150-200 miles to about the 500 mile range (I think our driving conditions help with this though, with all the hills we are driving). I'm happier than a pig in ....;Really