ADVERTISING this is NOT GOOD

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who ever runs this site and Super Duty Diesel has gone crazy with advertising. I completely understand your need to make money to pay for this, and the other site, BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH. I get redirected every time I click on something. I AM OUT OF HERE!

Dave:mad:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what adds?
i dont see any!
but then again i have my orange tag :D
get yours and be done with it!

oah youre still here?? thought you left! LOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
@DaveBen, I would do a cleanup on your machine. This site and SDD doesn't do redirects for advertising. I've been on both for many years and have never been redirected from either site for advertising. The only advertising I ever see is from the sponsors in their designated forums. If you are getting redirected, your machine has a bug.....

@IDIoit, its not because he doesn't have his orange banner........ and an orange banner isn't going to fix his problem......

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine's clean
Don't have no sd so dunno bout that one.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I am having this problem and not this site. I have been here and at SDD since 2005, so I know a little bit about these sites. I am running Mac computers and they are not as likely to be infected as Windows machines. I have ran Clam X, my antivirus software(updated) and it found nothing. This is the site I get sent to when I click here: http://www.mdlinx.com/family-medici...rm=G Ron&utm_campaign=family_medicine_keyword I am also seeing many words here that are bold but not black. There is a green circle with an arrow next to the bold type. I see Install, Here, Windows, Backup, Delete, Open, Volkswagon Jetta, Install, Open, Automatic in BOLD with the little green arrows. The little green arrow has this associated to it: http://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png. I have never seen that before. Ideas?

Dave

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, i'm running a Mac as well and I'm not seeing anything. Now if I wan not signed in, then it gets ad heavy..are you sure you just didn't get signed out by mistake?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I did not sign out. I found out what happened, the Deal Top virus or something like it. I got Ad-block Ultimate and that stopped my problem. It is paid software but it works. Thanks Morgonzo.

Dave

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unregistered visitors are bombarded with ads. registered members aren't. if you are seeing ads, the problem is in your terminal. not the site. but if you want to make a big scene about it, go knock yourself out.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there something in the water with short tempers lately around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its in ther air in my shop sometimes...
Not latley.
Hay look .......

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I had a very short fuse this morning. I am sorry.

Dave