OFFICIAL Red Head Steering Box Group Buy Thread

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
The OFFICIAL Oilburners Red Head Steering Gears group buy is scheduled for April 4th, 5th, and 6th, 2016.

http://www.redheadsteeringgears.com/

The "buy" period is the April 4-6 window, and you MUST call Redhead during one of those days, place your order, and tell them that you are part of the Oilburners group buy. If you don't call and tell them, you don't get the discount. If you don't order during those days, you don't get the discount. Easy & simple as that. Pick up that phone and call them.

ANY vehicle steering box or component can be bought during the group buy, it does not need to be for a Ford or one of the trucks you come here to learn about.

Here's how it works:

Discount:
The discount is not immediate. The units are purchased at full price. Once the core is sent in we refund the core charge and the discounted amount. To get the discount the person who orders must state at the time of the order that they are part of the group buy. The discount will vary per unit and per number of pieces ordered. Control valves and ram cylinders count toward the number of pieces but their discount will always be $20. Pitman arms and couplers do not count toward the number of pieces and do not get discounted.

5-15 pieces ordered: $20 off of units under $300. $30 off of units over $300.
16-25 pieces ordered: $30 off of units under $300. $40 off of units over $300.
26-35 pieces ordered: $40 off of units under $300. $50 off of units over $300.
36-up pieces ordered: $50 off of units under $300. $60 off of units over $300.

Notes:
-Ford group buys are not just limited to Ford steering gears. Tell your non-Ford friends!!
-Each order receives a free sticker.
-Due to the volume of sales in addition to our regular sales we may need an extra day for shipping."

You've got 60 days to send your core back in. So there is an upfront $100 core charge that gets refunded. The core is in addition to the initial purchase price.

What I know about shipping: It looks like it's always $35 to ship the RedHead from WA to wherever you are. They provide the option to receive a prepaid return shipping label for your core for an additional $35 if you desire. BUT, I'm pretty sure a steering box will fit in an $18 USPS flat rate box, so that's my current plan.

We can use this thead as an informal "headcount" to see who is planning on taking advantage of this price break and for any more comments. You do not need to speak up and say you will participate, but having a rough idea of our level of interest would be nice. Nobody here is going to make you follow through, but don't be a flake. Nuff said.

Original thread if you're interested:
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?76325-Red-Head-Group

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Sadly I won't be able to participate. Got a wedding to pay for and still have to buy paint. The old lady is getting a little antsy about my expenses :D

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate you putting this together, jhenegh. I've got it in my calendar and it will alert me on the 4th. Now, we just need all of the above to follow through plus 25 more ;).

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Appreciate you putting this together, jhenegh. I've got it in my calendar and it will alert me on the 4th. Now, we just need all of the above to follow through plus 25 more ;).

The things I do to save $20 LOL (I can hope for $40!)

I hope it helps a few others too

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'll have to wait til the date is closer. Just moved, plus the car needs tires more than I need a gearbox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly I won't be able to participate. Got a wedding to pay for and still have to buy paint. The old lady is getting a little antsy about my expenses :D
Fah, put it on the registry! A new RedHead box? It's the most fitting, lasting wedding gift imaginable....

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked their web site and the list price is $366

I believe that includes the $100 core charge that will be refunded once they have your core. I'll have to check for myself, but that's what I was gathering from what was being said on the other thread.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all thank you @jhenegh for putting this together.;Sweet

Second of all, curse you for making me want to spend more money. -cuss

I may grab one and put it on the shelf if I don't swap it immediately. I have a core hanging around.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that includes the $100 core charge that will be refunded once they have your core. I'll have to check for myself, but that's what I was gathering from what was being said on the other thread.

ok that makes sense, just wanted to check.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
My prob-orig unit's leaking less these days, so I've put off its replacement. OF COURSE, the E-350's a different unit than y'all's F-unit, so I've sent them a message regarding pricing and availability.

Motorcraft reman from RockAuto's $217, but I'll certainly pony up a few more bucks for quality, even if it means sending mine in for a custom job. Have new Gates hoses waiting, and will replace pump at the same time, so I'd better start that hunt.

But, yeah, I'm in if Red-Head can do mine in a reasonable fashion.

Stay tuned... will say yay or nay once I hear from them.

Thank you, jhenegh, for setting this up.

EDIT: I'll need to pull my Pitman to ID different shafts between 2 units, but Red-Head stocks them both! I'm in! ;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx