l@@k what i scored in the lone star today!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look what i scored from the cowboys today down in Texas! rust free baby! yee haw!

attachment.php

just as nice as the one in log truck.now chip trucks rusty rad support will get replaced with this clean,rust free,diesel rad support.thanks to the friendly folks down by Dallas.a little bit of a ride but worth every mile! not likely to ever score one like this back home that's for sure.giddy up!!!;Sweet

the best part guys...........$150! haha.i know right! but if you think about it,who needs them down this way? only someone who got into a collision or something because they don't rust out like in the upper states.

(iv learned if you add in more than 1 image,you wont get a giant pic that doesn't fit the page,that's why i added in a little texas icon pic.)

Attachments

• rad support.JPG
    rad support.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 327
  • lone star.jpg
    lone star.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 248

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Get some paint on that sucker before you put it in. My new to me bricknose core support only has some surface rust here and there. I'm planning on coating it with an entire can of VHT rust converter! Not taking any chances ;Really

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah for sure.it will be getting cleaned and painted up before going in.that was my first thought when i first saw it as well.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Epoxy primer or maybe POR or similar. Don't mess around!

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score! I have often thought about hunting for diesel core supports here in Wisconsin. A guy could probably make some money reselling them. But then I remembered that there aren't any good diesel core supports left in Wisconsin (well, except for the one in my truck that is).

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah and the thing is if the supports are not rusted out,then it probably just means the truck is a 2wd or a well cared for 4wd,garaged kept in the winters so the only place to find them would be in good trucks which wouldn't be parted out anyway lol.
i find it so surprising the aftermarket hasn't caught on to the demand yet.whats up with that?

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i find it so surprising the aftermarket hasn't caught on to the demand yet.whats up with that?

Totally agree - I know there were not as many diesels built as there were gassers built, but it is the diesels that are still on the road so there still is a market for the core supports.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and so it begins........................

here she is in her old grill (that i put on every winter)

attachment.php

ok.let's tear this sucker down!!!!!!!.........out with the grill.......
attachment.php

next.it's the joyous occasion of removing the turn signals and corner lights..............
attachment.php

so iv got to remove all the snow plow wiring that goes through the support along with the block heater cord,of which iv still never plugged in before.here are a couple more bolts that need to come out...............
attachment.php

out with the header panel with headlights left in it and here i also remove my intercooler boots......
attachment.php

i dismount my electric cooling fan controller, take out the intercooler and remove the hood latch..........
attachment.php

got the intercooler piping pulled out of the way,can't see but i unmounted my electric fans.i unbolted the radiator and you can see i removed my fan controller and pulled the wires back through into the engine bay.
coolant is draining.upper hose unhooked and tucked out of the way.still have the trans lines and bottom hose to remove before i can lift the rad and continue tomorrow.........
attachment.php

i know this don't look too bad yet but you just wait until you see the lower section where the mounts are.......she's not pretty lol.
more to come tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    532.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    510 KB · Views: 186
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    577.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    560.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 173

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that black plastic trim on the bottom of your front bumper help with fuel mileage any? I think it's called the lower valence? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that black plastic trim on the bottom of your front bumper help with fuel mileage any? I think it's called the lower valence? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

i doubt it.it's got too many holes and it's not low enough.i used to have a custom built one i made out of an old running board that did help.......but then i had my truck re-painted and it didn't look too good anymore lol...not that it looked good to start with either i suppose.:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online