what to look 4 buying p-pumed with big injectors&turbo

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ok so Im going to go look@ &probably buy a fumming with a s400 turbo,250 horse injectors & a nv4500 with a southbend dual disc it is his daily driver has a airdog 150 which the motor recently went out on.So he has an inline fuel pump plumbed to it till the new motor comes in.Only has a boost &egt gauge.What should I LOOK for when I go look@this thing & test drive it?There's no obd port to hook up a scanner to.I would just think 250 horse injectors wouldn't be ideal for dd?So again what should I look for everything was rebuilt ot installed less than or around 15000k ago whole motor gonr through etc.Thanks...on a side note was also looking @ a 12 valve with a banks cold air intake full exhaust straight piped he says stock injectors & fuel plate,never been turned up but when you get on it a little coal rolls but. Nothing drastic...is this possible with the 12 valves set up?Anyways more concerned about the p pumed fummins thanks

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
On the first truck. You control power with your right foot. 250 injectors don't mean a immediate 250 hp either. You would have to have supporting mods, fuel turned up to match.
I'm still saying to get your own fuel pump to take and Jerry Rig up.

For the 12v, yes. If he adjusted the fuel plate and afc, it can/will smoke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
The 12 v he claims nothings been done...the fummins he has running now off that inline pump

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Unless he's the original owner, only one way to know for sure.
So the other one is actually running now?

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Yes its running he hooked a inline pump up,its still running through the airdog he spliced it into the fuel line on the airdog,the air dog needs a new motor.I have no idea how to change the motor out.But Im going to test drive it tomorrow.If it runs good Im getting it.He says my face probably won't be enough I can't remember if I got a 95 or 150 but he said he suggests I get the motor for the airdog ASAP.Supposedly this thing makes 500 horsepower.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Most of those pumps are rebuild able. May have to send it in.
Personally I would get a pump that can be had from a parts store.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Like what kind?He has a pump he bought from the parts store but idk much about a p pumped 24 valve with the s 400 turbo & 250 injectors if it can use the parts store pump or needs a big pump like his airdog

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm talking about the airdog.
For parts store pumps, I'm sure you could get a holley.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
I got ya..do you think its safe to run the inline pump for a week or so?I have a fass on my 24 valve I gotta look cant remember if its 95 or 150 but he says he don't think even the fass 150 will be good enough

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
First off youve been real helpful..next he says theres no obd port is that common in a swap like this with a p pump 24 valve?

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
That's what I thought since it said de computerize your 12 valve when I looked it up when I bought my 99...I just thought maybe since theres obd 1 in 12 valves it was a possibility to still have one.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
All of that being said When I go to see this truck tomorrow if you were me,what all would you look for?How long would you drive it for?I figure till it's good & warmed up.Check suspension etc.I want to drive it long enough to make sure it gets a good amount of fuel through it&that it dosnt run hot.And that the trans is good & the clutch dosnt smell funky

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online