new after market gauges.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good overall! I prefer 270 degree sweep gauges, but that's a matter of personal preference more than anything else.

What are the resistance values supposed to be for that gauge? I think I would answer that question before pulling the trigger, unless you're going to make a custom fuel sending unit with different resistance values...

Also, how are you planning to drive the tach? Forgive me if you talked about this in an earlier thread; I haven't had a chance to be on much the last couple of weeks...just want to make sure all bases are covered ;Sweet

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good overall! I prefer 270 degree sweep gauges, but that's a matter of personal preference more than anything else.

What are the resistance values supposed to be for that gauge? I think I would answer that question before pulling the trigger, unless you're going to make a custom fuel sending unit with different resistance values...

Also, how are you planning to drive the tach? Forgive me if you talked about this in an earlier thread; I haven't had a chance to be on much the last couple of weeks...just want to make sure all bases are covered ;Sweet

the resistance on our fuel sending units are supposedly 15 empty, and 165 full.
so in theroy it will work.
one of the reasons i posted this thread.
i may not have asked a question, but i excited response! :D

the tach is completely programmable.
and will work with our stock sensor.
as per VDO.

This is what I use.

these gauges are replacing the factory dash gauge cluster.
i will be getting another boost and EGT gauge to match.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the resistance on our fuel sending units are supposedly 15 empty, and 165 full.
so in theroy it will work.
Oh, okay...I didn't see the resistance specs for the gauge; hence the question :) I have the resistance numbers written down for both '80-'86 and '87-'97 trucks, but I'm 400 miles away from where I have them written down and I sadly don't have the numbers memorized...

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All:

Do any of you know anyone who sells "windshield pillar post mounts" for mounting gauges in the pre-1987 trucks??

I plan, once I get the 1986 F250 in my hands, running properly & licensed/insured, to find a turbo for it. - Looking on the usual search engines, I see no such pillar mounts advertised for sale for EGT, boost & other gauges.

yours, satx

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
To All:

Do any of you know anyone who sells "windshield pillar post mounts" for mounting gauges in the pre-1987 trucks??

I plan, once I get the 1986 F250 in my hands, running properly & licensed/insured, to find a turbo for it. - Looking on the usual search engines, I see no such pillar mounts for EGT, boost & other gauges.

yours, satx

As far as I know there are none gotta make a 87 up one fit

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
83ford,

I was afraid of that, after looking on the major search engines. - Out of curiosity, have you converted an 1987 up windshield mount to your PU??
(Those mounts are too expensive to "mess about with". - In my case, the under-dash area will be utilized to mount 3 ham radios.)

yours, satx

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To my understanding, it's been done before, although I don't recall the exact procedure. A search might give you a write-up?

I found a 4-gauge A-pillar mount setup meant for a '92-'97 truck; I'm planning to try to fit it to a '91 A-pillar. I have a total of 8 gauges I need to find homes for; I'm thinking the 4-pillar mount plus the F-650 overhead console, and that takes care of 7 of them ;Sweet just have to figure out one more spot...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBS pillars do work with a bit of cutting down by the dash.

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my understanding, it's been done before, although I don't recall the exact procedure. A search might give you a write-up?

I found a 4-gauge A-pillar mount setup meant for a '92-'97 truck; I'm planning to try to fit it to a '91 A-pillar. I have a total of 8 gauges I need to find homes for; I'm thinking the 4-pillar mount plus the F-650 overhead console, and that takes care of 7 of them ;Sweet just have to figure out one more spot...

Get one of the steering column pods.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack, but here is where I put gauges in my '85. 2" gauges fit in 2"ABS pipe, so you can create something to suit.

Attachments

• DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member