Cost of 12 valve

Ethanlogan99

Reaction score
I have been looking at some 2nd gen 12 valves. I was doing some research and looked up costs of parts for these. The p1700 and injectors seem to be some of the most expensive parts. Most of the work would be done myself. My question is, what are the chances of these things going out? My dad had a 95 12 valve and the only thing he replaced was the crap automatic transmission. I have heard other people say they have replaced pumps and injectors in their trucks. My dad bought his in 97 with low miles on it, and sold it with 280k to 300k miles on it. From what I have heard most of the money goes into front ends and other stuff like that. How much $$ do these things require?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Usually they last just fine as long as clean fuel is run through them. Maybe your thinking the VP44 in the 24 valves? Those are very problematic. I wouldn't be worried about a P7100 going out on you.

Ethanlogan99

Reaction score
Usually they last just fine as long as clean fuel is run through them. Maybe your thinking the VP44 in the 24 valves? Those are very problematic. I wouldn't be worried about a P7100 going out on you.

No not the vp44, i looked up p1700 injection pump on Google, and the cheapest result I saw was $1,225 for an Industrial Injection. I know how you drive is a huge factor in problems. Most of the trucks I have looked get about anywhere from 10 to 15 miles to the gallon, (gasoline). I like the old 12v's for the ease of maintenance and easy power. I will continue to save, and by this spring I will have 8,000 to 10,000 saved up.