Centrifuge should be here today.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with this type of centrifuge?

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah, I thought we still had a biodiesel section?
Which model is it? I know people were using those for it and seemed to like those over the other brands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one running right now. Started about noon today and will run till at least that same time tomorrow. Its polishing a WVO/Diesel/RUG blend.
What do you want to know about it?

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 65gph one. It's almost 7pm and still not here. It left for delivery at 929am.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine for 2 or three years now. Have probably run 750 to 1000 gallons through it. No problems with durability, it is dirt simple. It works great. Before starting with the centrifuge I had lots of filter issues in vehicles. Its all gone now. The only filter issue I have had since the centrifuge is saturated fats solidiying in cold weather after centrifuging if I did it with oil too hot. As long as my oil is cool when I fuge it I can even eliminate those issues.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine for 2 or three years now. Have probably run 750 to 1000 gallons through it. No problems with durability, it is dirt simple. It works great. Before starting with the centrifuge I had lots of filter issues in vehicles. Its all gone now. The only filter issue I have had since the centrifuge is saturated fats solidiying in cold weather after centrifuging if I did it with oil too hot. As long as my oil is cool when I fuge it I can even eliminate those issues.

I will run way more fuel than that.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
I hope you got the pressure regulator with it. I tried it without a pressure regulator and over-pressurized the rotor. I ordered a replacement rotor, but I ordered the wrong one by mistake. Jay at PA-Biodiesel made it right. Thanks Jay!

I've posted pics of my set-up on this forum somewhere. Same unit you got; 65 GPH I think it has already paid for itself. :)

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you got the pressure regulator with it. I tried it without a pressure regulator and over-pressurized the rotor. I ordered a replacement rotor, but I ordered the wrong one by mistake. Jay at PA-Biodiesel made it right. Thanks Jay!

I've posted pics of my set-up on this forum somewhere. Same unit you got; 65 GPH I think it has already paid for itself. :)

I bought the one in the picture. It has a ball valve and gauge. I didn't see one with a regulator unless it's the same thing. I burn 100-150 gallons a month sometimes so I hope to pay for it in a month or two.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great company and excellent product. I've processed over 1,000 gallons with zero issues. I only stopped using it because the rest of the system ( pump, hoses, transfer setup) needed to be replaced. I was using a pump from an Acura legend I believe. It didn't like the heavy metal shavings in my cutting oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online