38 gallon fuel tank, good price!!!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I hadn't already bought a new small tank, I'd be all over that.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i used a gasser sending unit, deleted the fuel pump and extended it with rubber hose to the shower head,

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
I'll have a 38 gallon pickup sender available soon. It is 83-86 style so it reads my gauge backwards. I bought a new sender and will be replacing it before winter. But plumbing-wise it's perfect

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have a 38 gallon pickup sender available soon. It is 83-86 style so it reads my gauge backwards. I bought a new sender and will be replacing it before winter. But plumbing-wise it's perfect

where did you get the new one?

jhenegh

Reaction score
It's a gasser 4 prong plug one for 87 and up. From spectra off Amazon. FG33C. Have not confirmed its operation yet. I'll use submersible fuel line to extend the pickup to the tank sump with a brass tee at the end to keep it there

I hope it works lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let us know!!
i just bought this tank for the bronco, has a 94 harness in it.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any update on the sending unit? Does it work for the 87 and up properly @jhenegh?

One other question. Are there different straps that are needed to mount this tank? I'm not really sure about the way the rear tanks mount.

jhenegh

Reaction score
Haven't installed yet. Had to tackle that head gasket issue lol. It's on the list, I actually just moved the sending unit box today while cleaning up the garage after the recent projects. In due time!

Don't need new straps per se, just need to extend the bolts down to drop the straps 6" or so. I used all thread.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this topic is done to death.... will diesel eat off any of the finish or anything?

Very tempted, been wanting to do the upgrade for a while. This replaces the rear and spare tire, right?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This replaces the rear and spare tire, right?
Pretty sure you can't use the spare tire carrier...this is the single biggest thing stopping me from doing this. I'd love the extra capacity/range, but I want to keep the spare tire in the stock location. Too bad Transfer-Flow discontinued their oversize tanks for '80-'97 trucks...

jhenegh

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21