Suggestions on ratios of WMO for my 95 12V

kevstar1212

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site here. Im getting into running WMO in my 12V, i ran about 1K miles on it so far with around a 50/50 mix of oil and Diesel. I just ran all of that through some filters and then blended it with the diesel and poured it into my truck. Seemed to run good but i got a pretty heavy haze at idle. It didnt help that i had to start the truck up and move it around the house and yard a couple times and it didnt get to warm up yesterday either.

So now i have a centrifuge setup and have processed my first batch of fuel for the truck, In anticipation of running the new home brew i changed my fuel filters and drained the tank of the old fuel and poured 10 gal of fresh diesel in the truck and drove it to town and back, smoking has seemed to clear up. Anyway im looking to know what ratios you guys run in your trucks?

Currently i have about 45 gal of oil that had some diessel mixed in it( dumped oil into a old home heating fuel tank; Tank was maybe 1/5 full before i filled it with oil) and 5 gal of RUG. This has been what i have heard some other guys run, just looking for more suggestions. I wouldnt mind a little haze from the truck, but i would prefer to not pull up to a stop and watch a cloud pass by my truck.

Also not sure if it matters or not but my truck has the fuel plate pulled and 150 horse injectors and 4K springs.

Also i would love to hear any input about anything related to running WMO, wanna hear all expierance i can from you guys.

giannid

Reaction score
I run my 12 valve in a 99 F800 dump truck on 85% wmo to 15% diesel and it runs well on it. Only run it like that in the warm weather though. Does smoke a lot on idle but other than that. runs great. Filter with a centrifuge also.

Armo

Reaction score
I run wmo light but everything i own get some.

I usually run about 5-8 gallons a tank in my 96. In the winter ive ran 2-3 gallons a tank even down to -30F but it hazes no matter what and I noted the motor oil darkened a bit more quickly leading me to believe it doesn't burn much in those cold temps so ive since stopped. Ill step the mixture to 10 gallons a tank but no more if I'm running it hard with trailer duty. Any more then that and I get to hazing excessively if I get any heavy idle times.
Id try higher mixes in anything I own but my father on the farm cant seem to run the equipment harder then an idle and the hazing gets pretty severe if kept up. I caught him hazing pretty bad with a 5ft bush hog running less then 1500rpm and low gear in a 135 hp tractor. So far nothing a hard run doesn't clear up but I still get nervous about it. Its a ford 9600 tractor 135hp it gets 10-15 gallons a fill up the specs say its a 43 gallon fuel tank. MF 6475 tractor 135 hp as well but has a bosch vp44 injection pump the same pump in a Cummins 24valve but is supplied by a mechanical lift pump and attached to a Perkins diesel motor its large 80 gallon tank only gets 5-10 gallons cause of how sensitive the vp44 pump has historically been with bad fuel supply in the Cummins 24 valves. I also feed a case 1845 skid steer this piece of equipment defies logic to run wmo on it starts better in the cold with some mix in it, has a bit more power while smoking black less it eats a pretty heavy mix but I'm not aware of its tank size i just know i feed it 15 gallons or more since most times the oil is used to keep it topped off. Another implement that also defies some of the wmo traits is a new holland 1114 swather equipped with a 4 cylinder ford diesel. More power easier starts and likes heavier mixes. Both the case and new Holland are naturally aspirated diesels and 4 cylinder direct injection engines both are kept at full throttle when in use but both are very different engines.

My current mix of oil is pretty much any oil I can get my hands on. What I do know it contains from my own equipment is royal purple 85-140 synthetic gear oil, Conoco hy-tran universal fluid, mobile 1 with stp additive, delo 400 or rotella diesel wmo, differing atf fluids, and a touch of jet a1 used to clean out my funnels. If I get old rug it gets tossed in as well. My future batches will include Conoco's oil guardol 15w-40 with titanium its a semi synthetic that in my equipment has been running noticeably better then delo400 or rotella and its cheaper to boot. The rest of the oil is farmer mystery oil its what ever a farmer dumps into it before I take it off their hands.

Everything I get is ran through a 5 micron absolute filter cart(its my collection pump/transfer pump), then its put in drums or left in a tank to settle.The top 3/4s are then pumped into a higher holding drum that gravity feeds through a 10 micron drainable an clear water separation filter that then feeds my single pass centrifuge where its stored in a 55 gallon drum I fill my vehicle and equipment from. So far over 250 gallons and the 10 micron flows freely and oddly the 5 micro absolute is still doing well handling my collection and redistribution i know its moved at least 500 gallons but some of that oil is pumped up to 3 times with the filter cart since my skid steer cant safely move a full tote of oil off my truck

I'm always impressed and surprised how heavy of a mix everyone else seems to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online