7.3 idi increase in miliage wmo?

dhk coatings

Reaction score
What would cause the milage to increase? Ive put about 5 gallons mix wmo into the truck and seems as though the fuel consumption has go way down.
Usually would hit half tank with straight diesel in 200 kms. Now its 150 kms and only 1/8 tank.
Is this due to worn injectors and thicker fuel helping the injectors atomise the fuel better?
Ip was replaced this spring cuase i was having hot start problems, but i left the injectors as is.
Anyway i think the mix was 4 gallons wmo to 1 gallon diesel, then a tank top off till fuel was touching the cap.
May have to get a little more serious about this as this was more or less an experiment.....

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd call that a fluke...

Thicker fuel does NOT atomise nearly as well as thinner fluid (observed on a pop tester)... the new IP is likely running much more efficiently. BUT... If my math is roughly right, you were getting around 13.7MPG, now you claim to get around 66.6 MPG? I have to place that in the realm of "impossible" for a F-250....

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about those mpg figures but I actually gained a couple mpg's when I was burning wmo..

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Difference from pure diesel to pure WMO and anything in between was barely noticeable. 1990 CCDRW 7.3

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course your getting better mileage.... Before you'd have to buy those 4 gallons of fuel, now they are free. So technically your going farther on the same amount of purchased fuel... Just the way I like to look at it even though it's wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online