2016 MOB Oilburners IDI rally.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Subway asked me to post this information up for him since work is taking up a lot of his time at the moment.

thanks for putting this together for me Travis and giving a little bump start. I have been in contact with the campground and they are holding 15 camping spots, 2 cabins and 2 tent spots. they have agreed to hold these spots under the MOB Oilburners IDI rally for us until sometime in April then it becomes fair game for the rest of the world so sign up if you can to hold your spot!

they are also mailing out a packet for us with the spots laid out that they will be placing us. we will be in the upper section right next to the pool, lake, showers, convenience store, pavilion and tent sites. we are reserving the week of July 4th to the 11th. the campground is packed for the weekend of the 4th but opens up greatly after that.

the contact person that we have been talking to is:
Lindsay
phone - 814-623-1677
email - [email protected]

Here is the initial information on the 2016.

we are going to be in Bedford PA. This little town is situated right between Pittsburg and Harrisburg, a little southwest of the center of the state. The town is located at the beginning of the Appalachian Mountains so you western guys will get a break and not have to cross them. It also gives us a little advantage in elevation. At about 1600 feet it runs about 5 degrees or so cooler than my home of York pa.

Bedford is a beautiful clean old time town surrounded by hills of trees with a rich history. Among other things Bedford was the base for George Washington to put down the whiskey rebellion.

Here is the campground information.
http://www.friendshipvillagecampground.com/
They were very friendly and open to a group coming in. they seemed popular with the locals and were a busy campground. They were actually booked up the weekend of the 4th but had plenty of openings the week of July 4 through the 10. if you get on their page they would place us together up in the 200's section were we would be in the immediate vicinity of everything we need. This would include the tent sites, playground, pavilion; showers, camp store, pool, lake and laundry are all right next to each other so no one should need to wonder far. Rates are very reasonable at $40 a night. They offer a 10% discount if we get 10 or more families and every 4th night is free. So you can stay 8 nights for the cost of 6 at $36 a night with discount. All of the sites have 30amp/water/sewer/cable hookups and the cabins and tent sights are nearby. The park also has some nice perks like mini-golf, volleyball, laser tag,
kayak, fishing, 2 swimming pools and a nice 5 acre lake we can kayak go on. The campground are also hosting a fun day with games, dunk tank, face painting, blow ups, rock climbing, slide carnival food etc

There are a couple of main events that I would like to do but want to keep a very relaxed overall feel to the Rally.

A trip to the Flight 93 memorial – about 30 min away, I will have to check but there does not appear to be any cost.
http://www.honorflight93.org/memorial/

A guided tour of the local town which is free on July 10th

A visit to Old Bedford Village – a wonderful collection of historic homes shops, craftsman and characters. Characters from the past interact as they occupy the village. The cost is 10 dollars for adults, 6 and under are free
http://oldbedfordvillage.com/index.php

A non-completion truck line up where we can enjoy each other’s rides and get some pictures with trucks and family.

Otherwise there is plenty to do in the area for day trips if families wanted to head out for more fun. No plans would be scheduled for these but they are available.

Delgrossos amusment park- this is a great little amusement park that has a water park and rides for younger ages. Normal cost is 20 for a unlimited water park access and rides but comes down to 15 with a coupon. No parking or park enterance cost, about 45 min away
http://www.mydelgrossopark.com/

there are 14 covered bridges in the sprawling hill of Bedford and a 99 mile course to hit all of them if you desire
gravity hills – where cars roll uphill and water flows the wrong way. A neat little road in the middle of no where about 20 min from camp.
http://www.gravityhill.com/

we are about 10 min from Nathan Bedford state park

there are multiple wineries and breweries in Bedford and the local area

Everett train museam
http://everettrailroad.com/

Something else to note is that there is a autozone, advanced auto, regualar Walmart, weis market and tractor supply about 10 min from the campground. At the entrance to the campground there is a Ford dealership! You are within minutes of multiple restaurants for food and gas stations for supplies.
There is more to do and would be completely open to shifting things or event around as the group sees fit.

My primary goal is to have a nice relaxed event that all makes and model of vehicle are welcome to visit and feel welcome with old friends or new.

Subway, My family and I are at,
site 409, 4th through the 11th

pafixitman, Joe and family
site 407, 7th through the 10th

Danielle and family
site 408, 4th through the 8th

No Mufflers, Elijah and friends
Cabin 198, 5th through the 10th

tjsea, Alex, Cris and Miranda
site 423, 7th through the 10th

dsl_dog_treat, Ron and family
site 15, 4th through the 8th

Diesel Crawler, Corey
tent site T2, 5th through the 9th

Heath Sutton
Site 406, 4th through the 10th

Agnem, Mel and family
site 312, 8th through the 11th

F350Camper, Rob
cabin, 5th through the 8th

GOOSE John Geese and family
Site 115 2nd thru the 10th

Andy and family
Site 424, 4th through the 9th
Brian
Cabin 197, 4th through the 6th

Reset 2, Robert
Tent site T-1, 6th through the 10th

I think I have everyone, please let me know if I missed anyone or made any mistakes. I am getting stoked thinking about hanging out with everyone again!

Thursday- visiting the flight 93 memorial
Friday- head down to Old Bedford Village
Saturday- truck line up with a potluck
Sunday- they are offering a town tour

We can move things around if people would like and we can sure make day trips as we want. The only thing locked in right now is the pot luck since we are renting out the pavilion for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know its still early but, are there any dates planned? I will definitely be attending this event, its not too far of a ride for me.

joeblack5

Reaction score
I am a newbie and would like to come with wife and kids. We are in State College,PA so distance is surely now objection. Life is always busy and the main reason me being on this forum is when I have problems with my truck. Hot soak right now it seems. With the 4 th and around such a major holiday with a lot of other important things happening events can be easily forgotten. I personally ask the dentist to call me a day before so I won't forget. That is me but I think it would be nice for the people who respond to this Bedford get together thread to receive a direct e-mail a month before and a week before the 4th to stay focussed and may be provide feedback to the organizers ( thank you) that they are actually coming.

later J

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from previous discussions I thought it was going to be called friends of the idi or friends of oil burners. I'm not sure if I'm wording it right or not. its hard to remember what everyone said.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The wording is trying to encompass all diesels, calling it friends of the IDI is still excluding. It was brought up to call it "I drove past an IDI once" so it was determined that we still use the IDI in the title but try to make it include all makes of diesels. The MOB was used because we are having a laid back schedule, not one like in past rallies where we are scheduled every waking moment for the group. This type of schedule allows you control over your own vacation. Plus we here in the Midwest are known for being laid back we will get to it a little bit mentality so the rally schedule reflects that.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
As for exact dates. That will come. The voting just ended on the location/host/date range. I'm sure once Subway gets a moment to catch his breath he will have a more concrete date set other than the week following the 4th. I know from talking with him right now is his busy season and that this is high on his priority list but again this is his busy season so I can understand. He asked me to sort of fill in for him for a moment.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Now as for a reminder email. Something like that can be done the only thing I will tell you is don't wait until a month before to make your reservations as you may not get a campsite as most camp grounds we have worked with in the past mY be filled and they may not have free sites. I know this time around we are having it a week later which should correct that problem a bit but still I would plan on getting my reservations in no later than March or April. I understand that sometimes you don't know until a month before if you have the time off - trust me I know that but if that is the case just understand that you may have to stay off campus if that happens in a hotel or something down the road. But yeah a reminder is not out of the question and I know in the past hosts have sent out reminders leading up to the rally.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not asking in a bad way and it doesn't really bother me, why have the dates been moved further into July VS other rally's being held on the 4th.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The name is trivial. Who cares? It's not about that. It's about friends (old and new) camping together and relaxing. If it can't be that... It will fracture again into smaller rallies. Plain and simple. Don't focus on stuff that isn't important.

As long as it's during summer break so folks with kids (most attendees) can come, the fourth is also trivial. In fact always having it on the holiday every single year can keep some from coming. It's tough to get off that holiday year after year. Plus, most of us have to miss other family fourth celebrations to come.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.