Looking for 70" wide reciever

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a class v reciever for my 5er frame to pull the rockcrawler.
Reese and curt make em but they rate them at 3k ,
I'd like one rated at least 5k as the yota hits closer to 4k(3k stock weight) anyone know of a factory made unit?
Thanx cb

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am confused.... Are you looking for a goose neck adapter to fit you 5er rails? I can't imagine a bumper pull hitch that would have anything to do with the 5er setup though. Is that weight pin weight or total weight?

If you are wanting to bumper pull it, curt makes a nice class V hitch. I bought one.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a class v reciever for my 5er frame to pull the rockcrawler.
Reese and curt make em but they rate them at 3k ,
I'd like one rated at least 5k as the yota hits closer to 4k(3k stock weight) anyone know of a factory made unit?
Thanx cb
you have a class A DL? if you do, you idea is good. if not, there's a 40' max length rule now for class C holders in kali .

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cdl on board! Shhh don't tell anybodyLOL
For clarification....
I want to put a reciever on the back end of my fifth wheel frame, then tow the truck behind the trailer with the idi,( I'm a flatlander) uncle sam had me sticking the autobahn and mountains of n/w germany.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cdl on board! Shhh don't tell anybodyLOL
For clarification....
I want to put a reciever on the back end of my fifth wheel frame, then tow the truck behind the trailer with the idi,( I'm a flatlander) uncle sam had me sticking the autobahn and mountains of n/w germany.
few years ago, some idiot on I15 shut down the entire freeway when lost control of his CC 4x4 hauling a 15k fiver and towing a 30' pontoon boat. CHP determination was not enough brake control to slow down the whole mess. somewhere I have pics of his carnage. :O

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet his trailer had no brake controller on the pontoon.
Once I get geared up I will be putting one on the yota.
Me LIKEY brakes!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow " now with remote control"
That's 1 step above the one I was looking at.
Thanx calvin

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow " now with remote control"
That's 1 step above the one I was looking at.
Thanx calvin
having spent years doing accident investigations and cleaning up fatals, I feel I'm not helping by not suggesting a safer route. It's a gamble on the roads every day, why not load the odds more in your favor? :D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it now. You are a braver man than I. Good luck.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dinghy having brakes is THE ONLY WAY I would touch doubles/trip's PERIOD!
A big thankyou to towcat for looking out for the forum members on a vital item such as brake control!
These things make the brakes on second trailer work with the front tow rig!
Now you just need the training,( and licence;Sweet) its not my recomendation for anyone to try this !
I do have one of jordan enterprizes ultima 2020 brake controlers ( that work directly off the tow rigs brake pedal) to boost my survival-ship in this matter this setup should scale out at 9k on the 4 axles +idi.

Fordbinder

Reaction score
I have a similar situation; I have a 94 F350 cc 7.3 turbo I.D.I. 15k saddle hitch going to pull trailer weighing 12k loaded, looking to put hitch onto trailer and pull a 02 ford focus on all fours using a mounted tow bar. I have the hydro/elec. brake controller but nothing on car. I also have a CDL and plenty of driving exp. Do you find this ill advised?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a similar situation; I have a 94 F350 cc 7.3 turbo I.D.I. 15k saddle hitch going to pull trailer weighing 12k loaded, looking to put hitch onto trailer and pull a 02 ford focus on all fours using a mounted tow bar. I have the hydro/elec. brake controller but nothing on car. I also have a CDL and plenty of driving exp. Do you find this ill advised?
put a brake buddy on the Focus or don't do it at all. one panic stop on less than ideal roads will have the whole mess trying to outrun you.