91 F250 Extended Cab and Car Seats...

adamdgus

Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I am looking at a 91 F250 Extended Cab 7.3, but I am trying to see if it will fit 3 car seats in the back. The plan would be a booster on the right, a rear facing infant seat in the middle and a regular front facing convertible on the left behind me.

Anyone know if this will work or have pictures of it?

Thanks!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the right and center is do-able, the driver's position seat is going to be a tight fit.
this is from personal experience. unfortunately, I wasn't big on photographing much 16 years ago.

adamdgus

Reaction score
Thanks, do you think it would be better to have the booster behind me instead?

I am 6'4" and will (most likely) have the seat all the way back but my wife is 5'1"ish... so she can scoot forward and free up some room

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
put the infant seat behind mama. unless you have a front bench, which it being an EC i would think not.

i use the actual seat to eliminate any movement on my 2 new borns.

if i were you i would look at a crew cab instead.

pulling the infant seat out from an extended cab will get old real quick.

alot easier when they have their own door.

4 kids, a crew cab, and a crew crew cab here.

adamdgus

Reaction score
IDIot,

Thanks for the advice... I really hate to pass on this truck, but I think you might be right about the Crew Cab... especially since that is what I have now. I'm not sure that downsizing the truck while supersizing the family is the best idea!

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never got a rear facing seat successfully installed in my extended cab. I installed mama there and put the rear facing seat in the front passenger seat. Has anyone actually made a rear facing work back there?

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front facing will work though as they get big they have to prop their feet up on the front seat. Booster is no problem.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never got a rear facing seat successfully installed in my extended cab. I installed mama there and put the rear facing seat in the front passenger seat. Has anyone actually made a rear facing work back there?
i certainly did. I did it between the two captain's chairs.

adamdgus

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies... I think that I am just going to hold out for a Crew Cab

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I never got a rear facing seat successfully installed in my extended cab. I installed mama there and put the rear facing seat in the front passenger seat.

BTDT LOL, couldn't force one in the back seat with a split front seat in my old truck, however in my CC I keep a base for the rear facing seat in the rear, and the seat pops in and out with the front bench fully back.
I have a booster on the driver's side, forward facing in the middle, and baby's behind me (sub sits under the baby behind me, turned off when the kids are in the truck and it keeps munchkin feet off of it).
The biggest drawback to keeping car seats fastened in, is you have to take them out to get anything behind the seat, cables and fluids now ride in an old milk crate in the bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online