Taillights

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the will fit, but they ill not match the body lines.

The 80-86 had the light with the 3 ribs, and the top bevel matches the body line.

87-97 had the same light and same body lines.

They will fit and function, but the will not be "right"

80-86:

You must be registered for see images attach

87-97:

You must be registered for see images attach

jose.castillo.921025

Reaction score
I was wondering because I can't seem to find aftermarket taillights for my 86.
I wanted something like theses

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Those should fit, just the body line at the top of the light will not line up 100%......

But as someone recently said, "These trucks aren't Mercedes, it will be just fine"........

All the trucks from 80-97 share the same basic shape, but some the the details are different.......

Like on the 80-86, you have the body line that follows the bottom line of the truck and up around the fenders, the 87 up does not have this line.

Also the shape along the top of the bed is a bit different, and at the angle that is along the top of the body line, this is also why the tailgate is different between the 80-86 and the 87 up......

I've been around these trucks since they were new on the lot. So from 10 feet, "they all look the same"..... but when you really start to analyzing them..... there are a lot of little subtle changes....

One of the things I notice is an 87 up bed on a 80-86...... the fenders are "wrong" on the bed..........

I could make a list of the subtle, and not so subtle differences between the generations.......... Ford has done this for decades..........