What is this? ?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like an internal combustion engine!
Hydrolic pump?

gandalf

Reaction score
Didn't you mention recently that you're working on a truck with a hydraulic lift bed? Same truck? If so, I'd guess that would be the reservoir/pump.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has a plow and dump body and spreader. Thanks guys. Now I need to figure out how to reseal it if possible haha

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the pump for the front plow. Or at least a pump for a plow. Most newer plows are self-contained, the up-down cylinder assembly also houses the pump and the valves for everything, It's not uncommon for people to just switch to the newer style but leave the old pimp in place. The reservoir on this pump doesn't have enough volume for the dump, them cylinders are huge and take gallons of fluid to fill. Hence the dump tanks usually being half the size of a normal fuel tank.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I just need to find a reseal kit or hope it just uses easy to find seals and o rings haha

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's not much to seal except the drive shaft. Be sure and check the front bearing whatever kind it has. If the shaft is grooved badly, it would have to be welded up and ground to size. To tear a hyd. pump apart can be a little doolting. If it's a vane pump, pay attention on how the vane cartridge is oriented for re-assembly.

Sure looks like an African Engineering mounting style, should be clocked so the oil fill is on top.:rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online