clutch fail 250mls from home

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the clutch replaced and did the pushrod upgrade 500 miles ago. Pedal goes all the way to the floor but will not actuate the pushrod into the master cylinder.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the rod is still attached to the stud it goes on?

And the lever arm with the stud isn't moving along with the pedal?

If so, it sounds like the lever that the stud is on and the mc pushrod hooks to has come loose from the shaft, OR the splines on the shaft that goes across the pedal assembly have stripped out.

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the rod is still attached to the stud it goes on?

And the lever arm with the stud isn't moving along with the pedal?

If so, it sounds like the lever that the stud is on and the mc pushrod hooks to has come loose from the shaft, OR the splines on the shaft that goes across the pedal assembly have stripped out.
The pivot bolt was indeed loose so I tightened it but when I push on the pedal it is hard and the push rod won't go all the way into the MC. It's like it's working against hydraulic pressure. When I pull up on the pedal it's loosens the pivot bolt again

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the bolt isn't what is holding the lever in the correct position. There ar splines machines into the shaft and the lever that hold the position, and the bolt is only there to hold the lever fully engaged on the splines.

If you are tightening the bolt and it is still not tracking correctly with the clutch pedal, then your splines are shot and it is time for a new pedal assembly.

These will interchange with any truck of the same body style.

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is actually what I suspected in the back of my mind. It was obvious that the bolt was only for retention purposes.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I went to a junkyard and got the whole pedal set for 25 bucks. I bet if youost in the marketplace, someone would have a set too.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 250 miles from home, where are you? Someone may be close to help you out.

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the bolt isn't what is holding the lever in the correct position. There ar splines machines into the shaft and the lever that hold the position, and the bolt is only there to hold the lever fully engaged on the splines.

If you are tightening the bolt and it is still not tracking correctly with the clutch pedal, then your splines are shot and it is time for a new pedal assembly.

These will interchange with any truck of the same body style.
Does the spline shaft come as part of the assembly? I can see from looking at the blowup in the LMC catalog that it looks like a separate part not listed with a part number. I am hoping that the reason for this is that it is actually sold with the assembly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online