6.9 factory 7.3 ats installation questions

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
hey all, gonna apologize in advance for all the questions. some may have seen i was doing head gaskets and studs awhile ago as my intro post. trucks been running good so far, drove to marysville and back no problem aside from blowing a heater hose on way home (original hose seperated inside and blew apart on the block above the connection by the exh manifold) got it bypassed used all water i had in my truck to make it back to get some tools I left where I was, while I was down there I picked up a turbo setup off a 94 idi, still on truck had to pull it off. 150,000 mile truck little to no play in turbo, got the valve cover for cdr as well. came with everything except oil feed line, cdr, and bottom part of stock air filter housing. got it all for 500, the guy threw in the over the axel part to a banks exhaust off his idi (3.5 with tip) along with some heater hoses. so my questions after all that is how do I get my cdr to work with valve cover? got the grommet but the shaft where it went into the valley is too long to bolt where the original one was and how to attach a hose to the outlet to run to the intake? second question I have is there a clearance issue for the exhaust and trans crossmember using 3.5exh? third I'm gonna get the banks DP and was thinking of making a 3 tp 3.5 adapter work and running straight back to the over axel bend. should I go back and get the brand new banks muffler he was throwing in for free just cause? then onto the oil feed line I was planning on running a 90* brass connector with barb off turbo (thinking of not using stock cast part) and run a hose to 90*connector with barb on a brass tee with oil sender on top and elbow in middle? and last I think is my c6 tube, I plan on just bending mine some how or cutting and put tubing on to make it flexible? thank you
-Jack
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do not use barbed fittings for oil feed line.
thats a accident waiting to happen!
i believe Russ sells oil feed lines, i would contact him.
i dont see the pedestal for the turbo, did you get that too?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have Moose.Turbo Feed lines in stock. If you are comfortable running a road draft tube, that is always a better option.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill trade you an oil feed kit for that top casting.

KnockKnock

Reaction score
...should I go back and get the brand new banks muffler he was throwing in for free just cause? ...

I certainly would. Even if you don't want/need it, you never know who might.

I think it's very cool what you're trying to do here; quite interested to see more updates as your project progresses. Good luck with it.

P.S. Funny window stickers - I had a good chuckle when I saw you're from Cali, no less LOL

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
IDIoit I do have the pedastal for the turbo, like I said got everything except oil feed line and bottom casting for air filter etc I bought a new drain grommet as well for the valley pan. I was just asking about the fittings cause I have the ones that are smooth and have the hump at the end that you clamp before that, was thinking that or those red/blue hose end npt fittings with braided stainless. thanks for the replies guys. TahoeTom the cdr does have the stem but I though removed it would then be to short, how would I run a hose from the outlet? Mel how much are the feed lines? how should I go about the RDT if I go that route? Typ4 I'll think about it as I don't think i'll buy the bottom half anytime soon, trade it for one of those cams I hear of :rolleyes: just kidding. and KnockKnock yes I think I'll go get it when everything is setup, and thanks figured I'm studded now and just want a little more power, not like I'm looking for insane boost just maybe like 10-15 psi, what do you guys think? and haha thanks they get some looks for sure and if they bother that much I just roll the window down. With my exhuast I have three options 1. over the axel with the piece I got 2. before rear wheel with the tip off the setup 3. stack along side the bed and cab with a flapper using the mount where my outer tiedown is, not much for stacks. what do you guys think? thanks again oh yeah how would I connect the banks downpipe at 2.75 to 3.5? thinking 3 to 3.5 adapter then flexpipe to my straight tubing?

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
I was thinking bending or cutting and attaching hose to make it flexible but idk what the turbo one is supposed to look like. some of the questions are still unanswered, any help from any one is appreciated

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
with my current budget for this the lokar isn't accessible, although i did look at it before. think I'll try and bend it to the turbo spec one but I have no reference as I can't find a picture. I saw on a place called confederatediesel they had ats c6 tubes for 40 or something? still undecided about the exhuast, behind rear tire, before rear tire, or stack alongside the bed and have the mount be where my outer tie down is right now and have a flapper up top? not one for stacks really. how would I connect banks downpipe to to the 3.5 exhuast? I was thinking 3 to 3.5 adapter and shimming or something it to the DP and welding then running flex frp, the adapter to the rest of the system? thanks again

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
so i got the exhuast ordered only thing i did'nt get so far is the v band, banks dp then 3.5 flexpipe to 3.5 straight back then before the rear wheel with the banks 4" tip I already have. soot on the wheel or bed doesn't bother me for the most part. and also got some hose end fittings and ss braided hose to make an oil feed line. here is what I got for the feed line. hoping everything goes good. still have the dipstick tube to deal with for the c6, bending the cab seam along with an exhaust stud or two. then also the air filter setup is still in progress
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/100910/10002/-1?parentProductId=
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/103200/10002/-1?parentProductId=1681161

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online