Bypass engine oil filter

metalworks

Reaction score
I am attempting to install a bypass filter on my 07 Dodge Cummins dually, kinda stuck on the ideal return to the block system. Not much of a fan of the filler cap swivel return or punching a hole in the pan, what I would like to do is attach to an existing fitting on the right hand side of the block, maybe close to the feed line coming off the full flow filter boss.
Any ideas are welcomed.
Thanx

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've seen a few guys use the punch a hole in the pan method. Seems to work fine.
No first hand experience though.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

metalworks

Reaction score
After a lot of reading, rolling around under my truck and thought I have concluded the best oil return location (for Me) is the second turbo oil return boss just above the pan rail.
To do this I need the o-ringed sleeve that slides into the boss cast and machined into the block I will need to weld a cap on the sleeve, drill and tap it to 1/8 pipe and screw in a brass fitting. I emailed a truck wrecking yard to see if they have the used part I need and also stopped by a local Cummins dealer. The Cummins parts man said he needed a part number, he knows what part I am after but can't find it and without a number he is unable to order it.
I believe someone else on here has already done this and even listed the part number that I need, but I can't find the post. If someone knows the part number or the post I would be eternally gratefull if they would post it again.
Thankyou, metalworks

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the cap it never leaks and it swivels around. do not be so ******* yourself.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]