97 GMC or Chevy 6.5L turbo

HoplessIn London

Reaction score
My truck started to quit while in motion. The engine would just shut off, for no reason. Then starts right up. It got to the point that it got to be too frequent and eventually would not start at all. Took it to a garage and the guy said its a "PBM". I am like what ever - fix it! 1200$, and ten days later - it is still at the garage and still not starting. Now I was told its the "injection fuel pump".......... Im dieing of stress as this is my only vehicle to serve the whole family and my source of income. I had to rent a Uhaul truck for two days, now I am even more broke than Broke back mountain! God bless, Aylmer.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
"PMD" search the net. You could've done it yourself and saved tons. Get the relocation kit.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

HoplessIn London

Reaction score
I had a new PMD put in and that did nothing at all. For a moment, (we drove for about an hour or so, no problem) then it just shut down again. A new Fuel Injector Pump was installed, I dont know if it includes the "Lift" aspect of the "FIPL" or not. The PMD on the truck has no heat sink, just the PMD. And it is located on the drivers side wheel well. Thanks for the info, and cheers!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Check the fuel pressure.
Just to not confuse anyone, it's fuel injection lift pump.
Do you know where the fuel injector pump came from?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk