Bricknose (1987-1991) Red Interior pieces, SF Bay Area, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11-11-16 All remaining parts were deemed to not be worth keeping and have been scrapped, and as such are no longer available. Thank you!
Leaving the rest unedited for posterity, but moderators can lock this thread if they so wish.

Hello!

I mentioned this in another thread...and, today, I finally had a chance to pull this stuff out of storage to take pictures of it.

Over the years, I've been collecting red bricknose interior trim pieces. I've decided that I'm going to go in a different direction with my truck, and decided to liquidate my red interior collection. I know that bordello red isn't the most popular color :rotflmao honestly, I thought about just throwing it all away, but I'd rather see these parts go to good use, if anyone can make use of them. Would prefer local pickup, and I should warn you that shipping is probably not going to be cheap, especially for the door panels, but everything here is available for the cost of shipping.

Some parts are slightly different styles, but everything should fit a 1987-1991 Ford full-size truck.

If no one on OB has expressed interest by the end of the night on Sunday, June 7th, I'll do a post on Craigslist...and, if no one's expressed interest at all by the end of the month, I'll probably just throw it all out. But, again, I'd rather see the stuff put to good use, if anyone wants them.

So, here's what I have:

A set of two door panels, from a 1987 XLT with power locks and windows. Note that the armrest on the driver's side is in pretty bad shape. The lower panels came off the same truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

SOLD! A driver's side door panel from a late bricknose XLT with power locks and windows. This has the full cloth piece and the under-armrest pocket. Unfortunately, the parts truck I grabbed this from didn't have the passenger's side, so this is all I have.

An ashtray lower piece. There's surface rust on the inside, and it's pretty obvious this came out of a truck driven by a smoker, but I think it'll clean up to the point of being acceptable.

Two gloveboxes. The right side hinge is broken on one of them, and the tab that keeps the glovebox from falling all the way out is broken on the other one. However, it looks like you can separate the dash-color piece from the black inside part, so I think you could make them into one good glovebox if you so wish:

SOLD!Two right side A pillar covers. One of them has a small chunk missing, but I don't think it's readily visible once installed.

SOLD!Two left side A pillar covers; look to be in good shape.

A fuse box cover; looks like it's in good shape overall.

More in next post.

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran out of space for pictures in the main post, so here are a few more:

RIght and left side kick panels, one each. Typical scratches, but not bad overall.

Upper metal trim pieces that go above the windshield and the rear window, one each. Seem to be in good shape.

I also have a dash chassis out of the same '87 that the door panels came out of. It's not in the best of shape, but is serviceable. I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of it yet; it's in a different storage location...and, because of its size, I'm going to insist on local pickup/delivery only.

Let me know if you're interested in anything ;Sweet If people start taking things piecemeal, I'll remove the pictures and descriptions as things become spoken for...if the picture's still up, it's still available.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warden,

I'd be interested in that lone drivers door panel. It matches mine perfect regarding cloth card and pocket. I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks
Jeremy

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to check but I might be interested in some of the trim. Let me look at mine. I know I broke a piece but I'm not sure which one.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i also have a red rear passenger side door panel. for free.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warden,

I'd be interested in that lone drivers door panel. It matches mine perfect regarding cloth card and pocket. I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks
Jeremy
Forgive my delay; just replied to your PM ;Sweet

I need to check but I might be interested in some of the trim. Let me look at mine. I know I broke a piece but I'm not sure which one.
Sounds good...let me know! No rush; the stuff isn't exactly going like hotcakes LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Cruiseomatic I still have the parts, but I had to take them out of where they were stored...they're sitting in the bed of my truck now; I hope the weather hasn't damaged them. I need to make getting rid of everything a priority. If you could please let me know either way before next Monday (May 9th), I would appreciate it...I'm planning to dispose of anything that hasn't been spoken for by then.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
That makes two of us... Been so busy both my bricknose trucks have basically been abandoned. Might have to get rid of my '87 250 project truck and devote all my time to my '89.... If I do get rid of her I'll need at least 600.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes two of us... Been so busy both my bricknose trucks have basically been abandoned. Might have to get rid of my '87 250 project truck and devote all my time to my '89.... If I do get rid of her I'll need at least 600.
I know what you mean...so, do you still have any interest in the parts you were asking about? I still have them at the moment, but I'm hoping to make everything disappear this evening...

{Edit} There's been a reprieve...I'll be holding on to the stuff until next Monday, the 16th. So, let me know ;Sweet

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Yeah, I do. Ill PM you this Thursday evening for payment info. What parts do you have left? I may be getting them for my '89 instead which has a blue interior. Mommas really pushing for me to sell the '87 since it needs fuel pump, new cab, e-brake cable, batteries, etc...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do. Ill PM you this Thursday evening for payment info. What parts do you have left? I may be getting them for my '89 instead which has a blue interior. Mommas really pushing for me to sell the '87 since it needs fuel pump, new cab, e-brake cable, batteries, etc...
All four A-pillar trim pieces and the lone late XLT door panel are gone, and I have the '87 door panels, but shipping the door panels are expensive enough that I really don't think it's worth it (for that matter, I also have a dash chassis, but there's no way shipping that is viable...you'd be better off taking the one you have and painting it). The door pockets are easier to ship, if i can find a suitable box.

Everything else is still available, but things may not be in the best condition since they've been sitting in my truck bed exposed to the elements for the last couple of weeks. What are you interested in? Give me a list and I'll bring what you want inside and see how well it cleans up, then we can go from there ;Sweet

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry @The Warden I've been entirely to busy to mess with my project trucks and actually forgot about OB until recently. Is there anything left or did I just miss out?

@Cruiseomatic You're lucky that I've been so busy I haven't had time to make a dump run!

The bad news is that the stuff has been sitting in my truck bed exposed to the elements for almost 5 months now. I don't know what condition any of it's in anymore, and it may not be worth sending. I know that the two door panels I have are not worth sending because of their size (shipping is cost-prohibitive) and because the cloth inserts are certainly ruined by the moist air by now. The rest of the stuff is mostly plastic and has been directly exposed to the sun, so they're probably UV damaged enough to be useless now.

What exactly do you want? Give me a list, and I'll go out and take a look and see what condition they're in, but I would advise against getting your hopes up.

If you haven't answered me before the afternoon of Monday, October 3rd, I cannot guarantee that the stuff will still be around (I I plan to dispose of it then, but I may not make it...again).

Status
Not open for further replies.