Wet Passenger floor

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed every morning without even the AC running i have a wet passenger carpet floor . I made Sure when i run the AC the water drip under the truck and not inside .

Where is this water or this condensation coming from? Why only by the Passenger side .

Here is another issue i discovered and not sure if that could contribute to it:

The PO had BANKS turbo installed, I believe while they were making a room in the firewall for the down pipe they gone hammer happy and put big gash in it, pretty much pointing towards the passenger left corner if you setting in the inside . Therefore they rigged a 2X2 alum sheet and secure it from the inside to block the heat from the cabin (That does not work by the way as we took 350 mile trip and my passenger feet were getting roasted / We ran the AC and it made the ride much better for them ) Could that opening cause this condensation/ wet floor ?

If that is the case, What is the best material to use to seal it . I will post pic latter

Last edited:

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check if it's coolant... The heater core could be leaking if it's always wet and you haven't had rain or used A/C

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your losing coolant then the heater core is leaking. Is that patch 2 x 2 feet or 2 x 2 inches?

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think am losing any coolant as that is the 1st thing i checked the next day i got home from my 350 mile trip ( Checked Oil , coolant and Tranny fluid ) `..The tear in the metal about 1/8" wide by 14" long and used 2X2 feet alum patch, shady work if you ask me as i can lift the patch and see thru the gash the down pipe

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Pound tear flat as you can and patch from inside with steel. Seal it with seam sealer or silicone and rivet it or self tapper screw and it will be fine. Water leak can come from cab lights, windshield, heater box to firewall seal in engine compartment, a/c not draining or rot in firewall usually due to drains being plugged for vent under wipers. Someone had a pic of the drains on here not to long ago. Fold up carpet / mat or it will never dry and rust out floor. Well placed shower of water from a hose wile you are inside of truck with doors closed will tell you. Wet small areas at a time to isolate leak. I bet your heater box to firewall, windshield,or cab lights. Remove kick panel also.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roof markers were replaced , Made sure the new foam gasket is sealing correctly to the roof .. It hasn't been raining much here or at least for the past 7 days .

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Yep it sounds like the heater core is leaking.
Friends Dodge Ram is doing the same thing.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During the time i took these PIC ^ the floor is bone dry , Could it be the windshield wiper fluid ?. The floor was 2 wet to say it was morning condensation . So that leaves me to think of 2 source as some other suggested either the windshield wiper fluid or the heater core last is the rain but that's not possible ( It's been dry here ) .

But i am not loosing antifreeze or at least i think .. Need to re check . However i don't smell sweet antifreeze tell tail inside the cabin .

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waystro .. Any way to test the heater core for possible leak ..? I know the passenger floor carpet seems discolored when i got the truck and always questioned it . I hate to replace a good part if it's good

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pressurize the coolant system. Use an old cap and screw in a tire valve. Stay at the cap rating of ~13 psi and put a fresh paper towel under the glove box.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
No rain and it doesn't smell like coolant then a/c condensation? If its wiper fluid then it would be coming in from the cowl, correct? And you would have to have used washer a lot. If that's what you suspect put vinegar and water in wiper bottle. Wont hurt anything and will have definite smell. An Italian that I know uses it all the time. His son says when he washes the windshield it smells like a Italian sub.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I've never messed with a ford(my AC doesn't work) but on the dodge it was the fittings that where leaking.
If it turns out to be the fittings on yours I would wrap with some pipe tape.
Or just replace.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford heater cores are just hose on nipples, so the clamps can be tightened. But those would usually leak into the engine bay unless they spray a bit into the airbox seal

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online