WTB Solid State Glow Plug Controller

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Looking for a IDI solid state glow plug controller for an upgrade to my ether can since my teenage son will be taking the rat truck for his first vehicle here in a month or so. Teenagers and cans of ether just isn't going to end well.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the two styles I have, WTS connector is different on one as you can see. Later model ones electronics is differently potted.
ebay DieselRX out of Terra Haut has them for $78.
Sent PM.

Attachments

• DSCN0582.JPG
    DSCN0582.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0583.JPG
    DSCN0583.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Got one on the way from Gary. He responded to the Facebook post minutes after I posted it there. I will keep ya in mind though if it gets lost on the pack mule that the post office seems to employ here. He is prone to wander off never to be seen again. Let's just say our post office leaves a bit to be desired. They deliver to house most days and never pick up any out going mail. (Rolls eyes)

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, gotta love our post office, huh.......

We have a new route driver, this one is better than the last. The last one, if for any reason they could not reach the mailbox from the drivers seat, without reaching, you didn't get the mail....... I understand a vehicle in the way, but couldn't quite swing into the box "just right" one day.... nope no mail. God forbid they had something that had to be brought to the door...... This new driver seems not to be allergic to con-creete like the last one was. I think they may have passed out or something if their foot actually had to touch the ground.........

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ah so your post lady was the same one we had at the apt. She was always lovely when she had to walk up the stairs to place the sticker on the door that i had something at the post office that she had to deliver. I swear she would as quietly as possible place the sticker on the door then give two quick knocks and make a mad dash to the truck. I caught her I don't know how many times with the item still in the truck. This one at the house will move the outgoing mail out the way to make room for the incoming.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Someone told me the US mail carriers do not have to pick up mail at your home but.. They are required by federal law to deliver mail to your home. Sounds kind of odd cause if they do not pick up mail how are they going to deliver any mail.....cookoocookoo:dunno:angel:

jeepj667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not true. They don't have to walk up to your box to collect mail if they have no mail for you. If they do go to your box they are supposed to pick up the outgoing.