New here and wanted you guys opinion on some trucks

Endololz

Reaction score
Well I'm new here and just wanted to ask a quick question. So, I am in the market for a new truck and I have been looking at a LBZ or LMM Duramax 3500hd 4x4 (2006-2010) and then the other truck I was looking at was a 5.9 or possibly 6.7 6spd Cummins 3500 4x4 (2005-2010). Both the trucks would be crew long-bed dually and have the same amount of miles on them and right now I have a LLY Duramax and I have enjoyed the Duramax engine. So I was wondering what your guys opinions and experience with those trucks are and also the problems could be with each truck. The truck would be being used for a daily driver ,a welding/work truck and also used every here and there to tow a car trailer or industrial equipment.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome.
a hd3500 truck won't be able to access performance goodies like a reg 1ton. So keep that in mind.
from a fleet owner and fleet mech perspective, i like the LBZ dmax and the 5.9 Cummins. But that's just me.
i had a customer with a 6.7 dodges (2 of them) and both were frequent visitors at the dealership when the extended warranty was still in effect. Both were sold off just right after the warranties ran out.

Endololz

Reaction score
What performance goodies would I not be able to access from the 3500hd and I would assume the 6.7 was having problems from the EGR and DPF or other smog equipment.