trailer lights wiring converter box

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The electronic brain box that's typically used when your tow vehicle has separate brake (red obviously) and turn (amber/yellow usually) signals while the trailer has the red combined S/T/T lamps, can that thing work the opposite way? Like if you got a truck with combined S/T/T lamps, but a trailer that has separate brake and turns, is there some device out there that can split the combined signals? Running standalone brake and turn wires from the dash and using the HD (for semis) 7-way connectors is always an option, but then only vehicles equipped in such a manner can tow said trailer, whereas a converter box installed on the trailer would allow quite a bit more flexibility... Ideas?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably a box with some diodes in it. So no probably won't work in reverse. I think what KZF250 linked is just what you are looking for though.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that box would be just what we need, thanks for finding it.

I also see they suggest some diodes, and while for this particular application (trailer) they will not be needed (no electrical system to backfeed into) we actually do have a circuit that could make good use of those... So gonna grab the 4-pack of diodes only (now wiring) too.