Reaction score
So decided to make this a Poll
What exhaust/muffler are you running?
give a description of what your running and why
pics or great too. ;Sweet

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MagnaFlow Glasspack 31in long 2 1/2in ID. I did a lap weld then did a weave weld on top of that. It is a very loud exhaust with out all the raspy sound of a straight pipe.

Attachments

• Exhaust 7.3.jpg
    Exhaust 7.3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 313

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Friend: You're truck is kind of loud
Me: Yeah my straight pipe has a few holes in it

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every ones point of view is gonna be different but for me I like my open 4". 3" dp from the turbo to straight 4" ran past the back tire using diamond eye over the axle parts and every thing else from Napa. To me it's quiet in the cab unless my windows are down and I'm next to a wall in town. Cruising on the highway I don't hear it, just whistle through the fire wall and the tires humming.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So decided to make this a Poll
What exhaust/muffler are you running?
give a description of what your running and why
pics or great too. ;Sweet
you might want to read up on current TX vehicle equipment laws.
no thanks to the kids straight pipping their daddy's truck and making a general nuisance around town, "there's now a law" requiring a muffler on diesel trucks. do a google for it. :D

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The muffler installed with the Banks System back in the mid 80's was rotted out when I got the truck last fall. Cut it out and ran pipe for now...I do like the way it sounds and the turbo keeps it from being too loud...some folks driving next to me may disagree.

You must be registered for see images attach

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" full-round DP to 3-1/2" with Walker 21470 BTM. Dumped down right in front of axle.

MontanaJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had the banks 3 1/2" exhaust. I wanted to try it straight, so I pulled the muffler and everything beyond that. I like it! A good mean sound, but like Kzf250 said, the turbo keeps it from being obnoxious. If/when I put a flat bed on, I'll be doin a single passenger side stack.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when it was N/A i lopped the muffler off..bad idea, so raspy and loud..and slow.
now with turbo its 3" DP, 4" straight termining to a 90 after the crewcab. sounds good, no rasp, lots of whistle. havent heard it fully laoded yet though.
the truck felt much quicker when i put a muffler back on it vs str8 pipe when it was N/A. muffler was off an 06 duramax, 3.5" inlet and outlet...that was a big reducer lol
I am wondering how a tip would change the sound. my 4" is jsut the regular pipe, no tip on it, I am wondering if a double wall 5" tip would give it a deeper rumble with less "choofing" noise (not to be confused with valve chuff). you straight pipe turbo guys know what Im talking about. alot has to do with the firing order with have too though, you can clearly hear the pulses through the exhaust,

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
you might want to read up on current TX vehicle equipment laws.
no thanks to the kids straight pipping their daddy's truck and making a general nuisance around town, "there's now a law" requiring a muffler on diesel trucks. do a google for it. :D
I'll check that out. I like the way my current set up is it's bolted in sections so I can remove the muffler until inspection time. Is the factory piping bolted are is that something the Po did?

Black dawg

Reaction score
Straight piped forever (with turbo) now big straight through muffler. I would like to find a big baffled muffler that wouldnt add any restriction. It is funny how things change.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man alot of people love stacks!!! LOL

4.5" OD electrical conduit.
100 in tubing, 100 in flanges

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walker 21470 BTM.both trucks.

Attachments

• 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 275

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those hangers are NICE! mind me asking for a part number or source?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" Downpipe connected to 4" Stainless Diamond Eye, no muffler. Nice Whistle from ATS turbo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online