WTB Oil Cooler

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine apart today and found hairline cracks along the lip that the outer end o-ring rests against. Let me know what you got. Thanks!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buy one of his, i only have 1.
:fight:
and the both of ya need to get your orange tag!!!!
cheap ***** :D

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check it out...
You can see the crack running for several inches along the lip, but what the arrow is pointing to is daylight you can see through the crack! I'm going to go ahead and assume that is bad. There is a similar crack on the other side. FYI, I used a rubber mallet to separate the manifolds.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, there is some pitting at the gasket face area that is of concern.

The ***** is I had the body all nice and shiny before I found the cracks.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich do you really think I don't have an oil cooler or two laying around?? I MIGHT have a turbo one. But it'd be a couple more weeks til I could check it out

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich do you really think I don't have an oil cooler or two laying around?? I MIGHT have a turbo one. But it'd be a couple more weeks til I could check it out

Hahaha, yeah right. More like 6 or 8 I bet. Do they let you on the internet out there? Figured they would have you on lockdown.... I decided to have a local referred machine shop clean up and inspect the heads so I'm waiting to see what happens there. If (hopefully) they clean them and give em a clean bill of health then I will be ready to get the oil cooler for the four door and move forward with it. I'll be posting in the "Compression Test for Chuff" thread I started when the shop gives me an update. Either way, I want to be square with you on the heads before I "buy" any more parts.