6.9 or 7.3 Oil Cooler Parts for sale

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 oil cooler cores.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Both were in good condition and didn't leak (everything else did obviously!) $175 obo Free Shipping

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a cooler, but I need the turbo version (has more fins than N/A) and I only need one. Are you willing to separate? Let me know, thanks!

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I am willing to separate...I didn't know that there was a difference in the coolers ive never seen any differences in the tubes themselves...just make me an offer im negotiable

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I am willing to separate...I didn't know that there was a difference in the coolers ive never seen any differences in the tubes themselves...just make me an offer im negotiable

There is a difference in the number of fins inside the cooler housing. I have not ready any comparisons to see if it makes a difference but I do not want to mess with it.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I read about the 30 vs. 24 fins thing, but I am wondering if anyone has any info on whether or not it matters which one. I would like to stick with the turbo specific parts if possible. I have the oring and gasket set. How much for just the cooler bundle? PM me if you are more comfortable with that. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though the turbo oil cooler has a few more fins per square inch, I'm sure it doesn't make that big of a difference. If it did, and people had issues with the n/a oil cooler not being able to maintain low oil temps because of a turbo, I am sure we would have heard more about this topic. These oil coolers, whether it be an n/a or turbo specific, do an excellent job at keeping oil temps low while towing heavy.
I think it is more important to make sure the oil cooler passages are clean and use good quality o-rings when rebuilding. Make sure to use plenty of vasoline on o-rings prior to assembly. This will ensure a good seal and decrease the chances of ripping an o-ring. Either one should work fine for your truck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The na oil cooler bundle has the same amount of tubes as the turbo cooler. Its just the fin count is more on the turbo cooler. And a final note is the turbo oil cooler bundle is all that ford or International sells. The na bundle is no longer made. Interesting to see my post from way back in 2002 and that diesel don was the member to answer. He sure knew his stuff and I'm thankful to him.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to a post on the diesel stop the na oil cooler has 24 fins per inch and the turbo oil cooler has 30 fins per inch, I think I've seen a post on oil burners that the turbo oil cooler has 32 fins per inch

http://www.thedieselstop.com/archiv...6&page=119&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1.htm

I have a turbo oil cooler bundle for sale with new or info and gaskets.

Yeah, I read about the 30 vs. 24 fins thing. I would like to stick with the turbo specific parts if possible. How much? PM me if you are more comfortable with that. Thanks!

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done anything with the coolers...they both came off of running vehicles that were not leaking from the coolers...they are now 100 free shipping for both

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have my turbo oil cooler bundle(includes new gaskets and orings), $125/ shipping included

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online