Dead in the water for several months...

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little blue is dead, or practically dead. I think I cracked a ring or two one cold morning, got a little too heavy on the ether heard a loud cracking noise from preignition of the ether, lost compression severely in a matter of a few days on two to three cylinders. Crankcase lube consumption when from mild to severe in the same amount of time. Will barely start, and misses bad.

Little red's oil consumption shot up, but has been determined to be a severely leaking injector pump case.

Compression on "******" the F350 is so low that I have to pull start it on cold days, and crank lube consumption is about 1 gallon per day of driving. I can't fault it, it has close to half a million miles on the original engine.

So, I'm now in the market for a CCDRW F350, and another little oil burner, anyone got any leads?

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the plugs were working, but the controller went haywire and burnt them all out.

Been scouring CL for a week or two, but the only two trucks I'm finding are extended cabs vs Crew cabs, but I did find one Jewel, that is "Still Available" I sent the guy an email through the CL relay since he didn't leave ANY other form of contact, he responded "Yes. It's still available." with NOTHING else, no contact information etc and has not responded to subsequent emails.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I still have an 86 300SD in my back pocket for an extremely low price, I just have to be willing to swap a good tranny into it, it is otherwise a PERFECT car.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to read that Josh, those cars with wmo pushing em down the road is a pretty good deal.
Can you make 1 good one out of those???

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine no and yes, it's a compatible bolt pattern, but it needs a few electronics to operate correctly it's a OM606 essentially the same engine with an upgraded electronic P-Pump, it's still mechanical, but has some electronic control as well. The trans, I have no idea. I know the trans from my 91 and both 87's are all compatible with the 86, so I just gotta figure out which one I want to sacrifice. The 91 has the least miles, but also has already suffered a valve body or governor failure as it won't up shift from 1st.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad, Little red has a lot of issues that reared their ugly heads after I bought it, little blue looks entirely horrible due to a right front dear strike, and also being beat all to hell on the mail rt. All suspension components on both benz's are completely shot. Little red's drivers ball joint literally dropped the car on the ground right in the driveway a couple months ago, The same day I replaced the ball joints was when I discovered the bad injector case. It already was suffering a fairly strong preignition knock so I had chalked the oil consumption up to oil blow by. I do plan on pulling the trans and other relevant parts from little blue before it goes to the scrap heap, but I haven't decided rather or not I will sell little red cheap, or repair it.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep a car with the best body, then pull the engine & trans out of the other two....??
Swap the best part into one...
Lotta work tho.
Hope it goes good..