2003 f250 5.4 engine replacement

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2003 f250 4x4 ccsb 5.4 triton. The motor is no good and I am going to have to replace it, I was wondering if anyone has done this before and can give me some tips. I have seen other threads about lifting the cab off, and some say it will come out through the engine bay just fine. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance -Brad-

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We take the cabs off all trucks at ford...well f150s and above...quick and all open once it comes off...

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having not done it, I see no reason that motor wouldn't come out. You could make it easier by pulling the hood and/or front clip.

Or, you could lift the cab, if you have access to such equipment. Obviously, ford thinks this is the most efficient method, likely both in amount/ time devoted to the work and likelihood of damaging other parts of the truck.

I'm speculating, and that's my disclaimer. But I would be stunned if this isn't essentially a 'your choice' situation. I would base it on what equipment I have available; I don't have a cab lift but do have a hoist, so that's how I would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online