Adhesive Advice

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
So my DIESEL piece fell off the front of my truck and I want it back on there -cuss ! What is the best adhesive to use so it will NEVER come off again. I asked around at Napa, O'Rielly's, a body shop and they didn't know. Thanks!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double sided emblem mounting tape. Jeez everyone knows about this stuff.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If that unobtainable to you get some thick set super glue used in the radio control balsa plane world. If you can't find that just use some Gorilla Glue but use very little of it cause it grows when it cures. BTW don't get it on your fingers either. It ruen black and has to wear off. Just ask around on utube how it wont come off hands or fingers. NOTHING gets it off you but time.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
I see, I thought there was some special kind of glue. I will see about the double sided emblem tape, I am sure the Napa here in town will have that. I kinda feel like.... :idiot: If the tape isn't an option I will go the glue route. Nothing takes it off huh? What about Jet Fuel?

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
I just used some 3M stuff from our NAPA... I think it was made by 3M and it was a urethane base

another option:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/3m-plastic-emblem-and-trim-adhesive-03601/7101678-P

I would also use GOOP - google around and I think this might be your easiest option, and it works!

I'll probably give that a try first, it rains probably 300 out of 365 days here, so hopefully it lasts LOL I think that is some quality stuff there, 3M generally don't play around! ;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would also use GOOP - google around and I think this might be your easiest option, and it works!

What is this particular GOOP, you are talking about. The GOOP that I am familiar with, it what you clean the grease and grime off your hands with after you get done working on the truck.......

You must be registered for see images

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that unobtainable to you get some thick set super glue used in the radio control balsa plane world. If you can't find that just use some Gorilla Glue but use very little of it cause it grows when it cures. BTW don't get it on your fingers either. It ruen black and has to wear off. Just ask around on utube how it wont come off hands or fingers. NOTHING gets it off you but time.
i made this mistake once, a day before i was to be in a wedding.
i ended up using a wire wheel.... bad decision...lol

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If ya don't have some vinyl gloves, go to HF and get a box, there cheap and protects the hands.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my DIESEL piece fell off the front of my truck and I want it back on there -cuss ! What is the best adhesive to use so it will NEVER come off again. I asked around at Napa, O'Rielly's, a body shop and they didn't know. Thanks!

Is there a source that anyone knows of that sells these emblems? My truck doesn't have one. I'd also like the "turbo diesel" badges as well....

Sorry for the hijack that isn't really a hijack LOL LOL

Edit: maybe the 92 year didn't have them??? :dunno

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a source that anyone knows of that sells these emblems? My truck doesn't have one. I'd also like the "turbo diesel" badges as well....

Sorry for the hijack that isn't really a hijack LOL LOL

Edit: maybe the 92 year didn't have them??? :dunno

My '92 only has a DIESEL emblem on the tailgate. Silver colored font and black background. Its small.. maybe 2-2.5" long IIRC.