Sort order or search for picture attachments?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm guessing that this is something that would been to be done at the code level and therefore is out of the control of the admin at OB, but perhaps the powers that be might be able to suggest this to the people at vBulletin?

I've been a member here for quite a while now, and as such have uploaded quite a few pictures to attach to threads. I like the way the new system handles it, where you can re-use a picture you had uploaded previously instead of re-uploading it, taking up the extra space, etc. It's especially great when you have a picture that you uploaded to show an example and need to post it to multiple threads. The only problem is...over the last nearly 10 years I've been on here, I've uploaded over 500 pictures so far :shocked: Sometimes, it can get a bit tedious to go through 26 pages worth of pictures to find the one I want to use.

So, I was just thinking...if it were possible to either a) sort the pictures listed in the attachment window by frequency of use, and/or b) allow the user to do a search by filename within the pictures to find the one we want to use more quickly, that might make things go faster. You can already sort by date or by file name, so that helps...but, I thought this might make life easier for people.

Like I said, I imagine this is something that would need to be done by the people at vBulletin, but maybe someone can mention the idea to them?

Thanks again to the powers that be for keeping this site going ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online