manual tank selector valve

j66b

Reaction score
I have an 84 F250 with a 460 gas engine. The fuel delivery system is very similar to that found on diesels. I would like to replace the electric tank valve selector switch with a manual system. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks, j66b

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing missing from that thread is a sweat schematic of how the lines are routed. I am going to attempt a manual valve swap but I need to research the design more.

KYSlowhand

Reaction score
I have an 84 F250 with a 460 gas engine. The fuel delivery system is very similar to that found on diesels. I would like to replace the electric tank valve selector switch with a manual system. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks, j66b

I'm interested in a simple-manual, non electric fuel tank selector; and getting the gauge to work.
Check-call: local Gas-Propane Business should have proper supplies.
? Should a metal line be considered safe for this purpose?

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will soon put this marine grade valve in mine, you will need 1/2 and 3/8 npt barb adapters and enough fuel line to do, plan to mount below cab inside of frame, and send lever stem through floor, guessing I will have to make a stem extension also.
Will try to document the modification

You must be registered for see images attach

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was the easiest way I could find, tank 1 with return 5 tank 2 with return 6, when valve is turned in a certain direction it shuts off fuel to engine, so safety and theft prevention, have to figure out gas gage next maybe someone knows better then I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online

No members online now.