Tired of dirty batches and do not like a bypass system, here's my answer.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting a way to clean my oil a lot better than my current method.

Some of you may remember me making a post about planning on building our own centrifuge.

Version one has been built for about 8 months now, but is as of yet been unused.

Mr. H, the guy teaching me some machining and who built version one from my plans, lost his father around the same time we completed it. He has lived in his fathers house for 40 years or so. While he has lived in his parents house for decades there was no will and thusly caused him and his wife to loose the house shop farm etc to two siblings and a cousin because there was no will and all that he considered his was actually his fathers. He couldn't afford or didn't want to buy the other shares out and has bought a place about 3 hrs away.

He was willing to build my centrifuge for me as well, as he still has several months before completing his move. I told him not to worry, because I was planning on purchasing my own lathe and I could finish it up.
A guy in town sold me an old antique lathe for 300 bucks, and I'm busy teaching myself how to use it.

Mr. H had already cut a shaft down and bored it for me, and while I was over visiting one day I finished the clean out and overflow hole in the torque converter body that is to be the heart.

I took the converter and shaft, home and have been working on it here at the house with my limited machining abilities.

I still need to cut about 250 thou off the bottom of the TC base and machine the flexplate bolts off. Also need to either cut some bushing to make the bearing I have on hand fit, OR purchase flange bearing that will fit.

You must be registered for see images

Here's a link to an album of what I am working on.

http://postimg.org/gallery/3beol1hzg/

Ultimately the fuge will be mounted inside of a 55GAL drum cut in half, it will be belt driven around 5000-7000 rpm. I will use a coffe maker heater to supply a very slow trickle of hot oil into the fuge.

I will continue to update the album as I go along.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller

Members online